One in the Chamber? - Page 24

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Leaving your carry weapon loaded should do away w/ the need for all that anyway
    You know I knew there was another reason I just loaded up and didn't worry about "pressure checking". But then again I am not a "sheepdog" nor do I carry a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I don't do the press check because there's no need. That said maybe you (YOU in particular no someone generic) need to rethink the safety block of your class because one of the most basic saftey rules is you don't handle the gun unnecessarily
    Well said.

Question

I am going to show my ignorance here and ask...What the heck is a "pressure check"? My GLOCK has a loaded chamber indicator, that also lets the operator know that the round is engaged in the extractor properly. A quick swipe with the trigger finger is all that is needed, you don't even have to look!

5. Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    I am going to show my ignorance here and ask...What the heck is a "pressure check"? My GLOCK has a loaded chamber indicator, that also lets the operator know that the round is engaged in the extractor properly. A quick swipe with the trigger finger is all that is needed, you don't even have to look!
    It's actually called a "Press Check". Not sure why. You pull open the slide just enough to observe that there is a round in the chamber and that it is being extracted properly and then close the slide again. Maybe because you press on the back of the slide to ensure it is in full battery again? It's a double check that I do when I reload my carry gun, which is only about once a month, or after a range session.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

My .357 is a revolver, which automatically equates to 'one in the chamber'.

"An unloaded gun ain't good for nothin!" Rooster Cogburn - True Grit

thanks LT, I guess you (ME) learn something new everyday. Now that I know the meaning, I still don't find it a necessary step for me.....

Just saw this on another forum, anybody that foolishly carries an unloaded gun should watch this. Security footage of how well that works out. Before you reply "Ya, but that guys an idiot I wouldn't do that" Don't forget that when your adrenaline hits you like a freight train your brain go's bye bye and you don't have a lot working for you.

Front Sight's Monday Blog: Why You Carry a Loaded Gun...

I will only carry one in the chamber with a SA/DA trigger. The Sig P220 Carry in 45 fits that roll nicely.

-178S

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    "An unloaded gun ain't good for nothin!" Rooster Cogburn - True Grit
    And he didn't need no stinkin badge either.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast