One in the Chamber? - Page 25

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

I always carry with one in the pipe

Quote Originally Posted by JamieLampert View Post
    Do they still let you own firearms in Boston?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Do they still let you own firearms in Boston?
    Yes we can carry. It is not as bad as people make it seem. I have 2 safes full of stuff

Yes we can Kerry. It is not as bad as people make it seem. I have 2 safes full of stuff
    There is another poster on this forum, Oldowl, who you might want to get in touch with. He is from MA as well.

When I switched my usual carry from my Beretta .380 DA/SA to my 1911 I was a little less comfortable at first. Something about that hammer cocked back.....but it was irrational. Both are equally safe to carry condition one. Otherwise I'd have to go back to my .357.....hey, no safety at all on the revolver!

Life happens in a split second, the less thought you need to put into a responce, the faster your responce will be. If you can't trust your hardwear not to misfire, get new hardwear.
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    Life happens in a split second, the less thought you need to put into a responce, the faster your responce will be. If you can't trust your hardwear not to misfire, get new hardwear.
    I would just add that it's not just hardware. If you can't trust yourself, you need to take additional training and/or practice until you can. After all, the life you save may be your own...
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    I am going to show my ignorance here and ask...What the heck is a "pressure check"? My GLOCK has a loaded chamber indicator, that also lets the operator know that the round is engaged in the extractor properly. A quick swipe with the trigger finger is all that is needed, you don't even have to look!
    This is another feature that moves the gun from "let me check this and fiddle with it" to "just pull it and shoot it." And that's why I carry one. Glocks, gotta love 'em.

All this goofy "Press Checking"....Never heard of it. I have carried a 1911 battery of arms for decades. If it is on my hip, it is condition one. I don't guess, or check..I know. Load one in a mag..chamber..load a full mag into the well..VOILA...not that difficult..Hell, even some libs own guns..it has to be simple.
    "I got you in a Stranglehold, baby. And then I crushed your face" -Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by tanker1983 View Post
    All this goofy "Press Checking"....Never heard of it. I have carried a 1911 battery of arms for decades. If it is on my hip, it is condition one. I don't guess, or check..I know. Load one in a mag..chamber..load a full mag into the well..VOILA...not that difficult..Hell, even some libs own guns..it has to be simple.

Don't get no plainer then that! I did know someone that "Press Checked" his auto, NOT a 1911A1 and lost part of his hand. Stupid is as stupid does.............
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast