One in the Chamber? - Page 27

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: One in the Chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    The Glock is the 21st century 1911
    All kidding aside this sounds most likely

4. Safety

If you don't feel comfortable with one in the chamber--- get a revolver! That's why any police departments require them as the sidearm of choice.

its hard not to carry one in the chamber when you carry a S&W 642 in hot weather.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Quote Originally Posted by OCCI View Post
    its hard not to carry one in the chamber when you carry a S&W 642 in hot weather.
    Not trying to be a smart aleck, but can anyone tell me why the .38SP is still sold, when you can get a .357? The .357 can fire .38's, but a .38 can't fire .357's, why not have the choice at your disposal?

7. Ever fire a Magnum out of one of those air weight J frames? My small frame snub nose (a Colt Detective Special) rips and roars more than I find comfortable with +P's and it's steel framed (and I'm not recoil shy. I own more .44 and .45 wheelguns than I do anything else. Heck, I reload 4 different .44 caliber cartridges and 3 different .45's). I've tried one of those super light .38's once and I still can't decide if shooting a Magnum out of one would do more damage on the back end or the front.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod45 View Post
    If you don't feel comfortable with one in the chamber--- get a revolver! That's why any police departments require them as the sidearm of choice.
    Since (m)any PD's require revolvers it shouldn't be hard to name some of them. Would you do that please?
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Ever fire a Magnum out of one of those air weight J frames? My small frame snub nose (a Colt Detective Special) rips and roars more than I find comfortable with +P's and it's steel framed (and I'm not recoil shy. I own more .44 and .45 wheelguns than I do anything else. Heck, I reload 4 different .44 caliber cartridges and 3 different .45's). I've tried one of those super light .38's once and I still can't decide if shooting a Magnum out of one would do more damage on the back end or the front.
    Don't really know as I can say what you consider to be an "airweight J frame", and perhaps that's a difference in our experience. But what I can say is that I own and routinely fire .357 Magnum rounds in my Taurus 617, and it's really no big deal. Makes a lot more noise, and it has a pretty good kick to it, but it is after all a gun. I don't know what the problem is with recoil, since I find that with a proper grip, these are fine and can be controlled to shoot a really nice 2" circle at about 25 feet. I'm having an easier time with the iron sites on my Taurus's Magnum loads, than I am with the longer barreled (4" vs 2"), but less tight sights on my 9MM Beretta Px4. Besides, if it's only rated as a .38, it isn't going to hold a .357 round, they're not going to fit (longer casing).

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627