One in the Chamber? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Or none of the above. You may carry as the manufacturer recommends. You may not be comfortable carrying with a chambered round for lots of reasons not mentioned above. But that does not necessarily make them wrong, as shermr so implies.
    Really? Can you name a single reason for not being comfortable carrying with one in the pipe that shermr didn't already cover? I think not. If there are "lots of reasons", naming one shouldn't be hard.

Perhaps you should read your own signature line. It may be your opinion, but I don't see it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Really? Can you name a single reason....
    Sorry but white trash don't get no edumication from me.

'Specially when they come off all confrontational.

Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Sorry but white trash don't get no edumication from me.

'Specially when they come off all confrontational.

Have a nice day!
    Translation: I can't name one.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Translation: I can't name one.
    Bingo!

Think this is everones personal choice, for me it is cocked and locked.

May be a personal choice, and that's fine, but I've yet to meet a single firearms instructor, be they civilian, LEO, or military, who counsels to carry with an empty chamber.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Since I can only use my weapon after a threat that causes me to fear for my life is shown the last thing I want to do is rack my slide to load a round before being able to pull the trigger to stop the threat. Carrying a gun unloaded defeats the purpose of carrying a gun for self defense.

For criminals are the only ones who can chose whether or not to carry a gun loaded or not due to them being the ones who are going to commit the crime.

For the rest of us, We have to carry at all times locked and loaded for we don't know when the criminal(s) will show up. This is why all police carry their guns in condition 1.

There is no worse feeling then needing your gun and remembering you left it somewhere else. If you know of something worse please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    May be a personal choice, and that's fine, but I've yet to meet a single firearms instructor, be they civilian, LEO, or military, who counsels to carry with an empty chamber.

I was standing at the gun counter at my local Sportsman’s Warehouse the other day, looking for a good CC holster. While waiting for assistance I heard a conversation one of the gun gurus was having with a pair of prospective customers, guy and his girlfriend / wife. He’s going to Iraq, she’s not and they want a HD/SD gun for her. They’re looking at Glocks and the problem that they’re having is that she can’t work the slide on any of them.

I know it wasn’t my business but, my wife and I had the same problem when she started to carry. So I mentioned that we solved that particular problem very simply by me chambering the first round and letting the wife carry chambered (Yes I know a lot of things could have gone wrong in that scenario but they didn’t and DW can now work the slide on her CCW).

The gun guru just about blew a gasket on me; he actually said that he would never advise a neophyte (I swear he actually used that word) to carry a round in the chamber on a HD/SD gun. He also said that further more no competent hunting safety instructor would so advise her either.

I commented that any competent CCW instructor would and he herded his “neophytes” to the other end of the counter away from the “dangerous gun nut” and I laughed, bought my holster and gave the “neophytes” the name of an NRA certified CCW instructor on the way out
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I was standing at the gun counter at my local Sportsman’s Warehouse the other day, looking for a good CC holster. While waiting for assistance I heard a conversation one of the gun gurus was having with a pair of prospective customers, guy and his girlfriend / wife. He’s going to Iraq, she’s not and they want a HD/SD gun for her. They’re looking at Glocks and the problem that they’re having is that she can’t work the slide on any of them.

I know it wasn’t my business but, my wife and I had the same problem when she started to carry. So I mentioned that we solved that particular problem very simply by me chambering the first round and letting the wife carry chambered (Yes I know a lot of things could have gone wrong in that scenario but they didn’t and DW can now work the slide on her CCW).

The gun guru just about blew a gasket on me; he actually said that he would never advise a neophyte (I swear he actually used that word) to carry a round in the chamber on a HD/SD gun. He also said that further more no competent hunting safety instructor would so advise her either.

I commented that any competent CCW instructor would and he herded his “neophytes” to the other end of the counter away from the “dangerous gun nut” and I laughed, bought my holster and gave the “neophytes” the name of an NRA certified CCW instructor on the way out
    Hey Treo. I don't always agree with you but you are spot on with this post.

I don't have a dog in this fight because my EDC is a wheel gun. However, my truck gun is a 1911 A1, cocked and locked.

Interesting. After putting one in the chamber, I remove the magazine, replace the one that was chambered and re-insert.
    "Don't pick a fight with an old man, if he is to old to fight, he will just shoot you". John Stienbeck

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast