One in the Chamber?

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

One in the Chamber?

Question, for the folks that carry pistols with no thumb safety, do you carry with a round in the chamber?

Is there anyone that does not have a round in the chamber when they carry? I don't have one in there for everyone else's safety just in case something were to happen, but I am just curious to what all of you do.

This question has been done to death. if you get 100 responses 87 of them will be people affirming that, yes, you should carry your weapon fully loaded. 3 will be people who don't carry one in the chamber for "safety". The final 10 will be people telling the 3 that they are idiots .
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    This question has been done to death. if you get 100 responses 87 of them will be people affirming that, yes, you should carry your weapon fully loaded. 3 will be people who don't carry one in the chamber for "safety". The final 10 will be people telling the 3 that they are idiots .
    I agree. I think I have even responded to this one a couple of times. Carry the way you want and feel safe. Train with the gun all the time so that what you do is safe and second nature reguardless of what condition the weapon is in. Thats all there is to it.

It depends on the gun I'm carrying. Colt 1911, HELL YEAH!!! Smith & Wesson M&P .45 not so comfortable with one in the chamber.

I carry an XD and if there is not one in the chamber, then it qualifies as either a short club or a rock. If you don't have one in the chamber, it's just not much use. You may not get a chance to rack the slide should you have to draw your weapon. JMHO

Keith

I could also say that if you dont have the split second it takes to rack the slide you will probably be fighting off an attacker before you could even use your firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I agree. I think I have even responded to this one a couple of times. Carry the way you want and feel safe. Train with the gun all the time so that what you do is safe and second nature reguardless of what condition the weapon is in. Thats all there is to it.
    +++

I asked my neighbor (indiana state cop) that question yesterday. He said...

"I dont see the point in carrying unless you're ready to go."

I always carry with one in the chamber. That way the magazine is not fully loaded all the time... so the magazine spring won't wear out as quickly if the magazine isn't fully loaded all the time...

Gregory44mag, why do you not feel comfortable carrying one loaded in your M&P?

I've carried one in the pipe in my M&P .40 for two years and it has never fired unless I squeezed the trigger. I even dropped it once and it hit hard, but it didn't go off.

Just curious.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast