Private Security Officer Asks To See Your Permit - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Private Security Officer Asks To See Your Permit

First of all I can't see this happening to me; on the very rare instance when I would go to a bar to have a drink I would not carry. If I was not intending to drink I would not be going to a bar, with the exception of going for a meal. If my choice for a companion was as poor as in this instance; no I would not show a security officer my carry permit or my weapon. I probably would not wait for the police either, I didn't call them. If they want to detain my drunken friend they can provide transportation for a legal detention. They are welcome to take my license number as I leave.

Just so everyone is clear: To my knowledge the permit holder was not drunk there was no mention in the report that he had even been drinking. The permit holder's date was intoxicated. I don't know to what degree she was intoxicated but (again, referring to the report) she was on two feet and able to walk to her car on her own.

She was not being dragged, she was not obliterated, she was not incoherent.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Just so everyone is clear: To my knowledge the permit holder was not drunk there was no mention in the report that he had even been drinking. The permit holder's date was intoxicated. I don't know to what degree she was intoxicated but (again, referring to the report) she was on two feet and able to walk to her car on her own.

She was not being dragged, she was not obliterated, she was not incoherent.
    But was she a whore as stated by Twodollarpistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodollarpistol View Post
    Hey guys, I never ment to stir up so much fuss...

... Now, for me, someone draging a drunk whore through a dimly lit parking deck at night while she is blurting out "He has a gun" would do it for me....

... I dont know all the details of this particular incident and I dont care...
    Or is inappropriate name calling only okay for him?

ETA: There is exactly zero chance that a rent-a-cop would see my CWP, touch my weapon or even be acknowledged by me.

You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

6. [QUOTE=hp-hobo;173310]But was she a whore as stated by Twodollarpistol?

Or is inappropriate name calling only okay for him?

Your right, my bad, I had no right to go there. Just trying to get inside the officers head and know what it must have looked like to him. But would it be safe to say she prolly wasnt Mother Superior ? Still not good and no excuses. Thanks for calling me out.

7. Law Enforcement = LE = Legally Entitled
    Private Security = PS = Pound Sand
    Rich - MSgt, USAF, Ret.
    Want to accomplish something for your gun rights?
    PITCH IN, QUIT B*TCHIN'

Quote Originally Posted by Rich7553 View Post
    Law Enforcement = LE = Legally Entitled
    Private Security = PS = Pound Sand
    Typical GI. Got an acronym for everything. I'll have to file those away for future use.

Good job!

It is said that all situations can be boiled down to a single picture and I think OldOwl nailed it!

As far as the bickering and name calling going on here, it is to be expected. We have many differing personalities, professions, political persuasion, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera but we all don't always live up to our mothers expectations of us.

In all fairness to everyone posting to this thread, we all would have been better served if Treos had given us all of the pertinant information like the fact the incident took place in Colorado, it wasn't a ficticious scenario and the final outcome was known and reported in his local news.

Twodollarpistol, I have to take the blame for introducing the "Barney Fife" comments into the conversation. If was not my intention to be derrogatory but to be descriptive. I think the term instantly brings out the image of a well meaning, high strung individual that wants to do the right thing but just doesn't have the complete skill set to execute that well meaning desire.

But beyond this, hey! everyone has their own opinion how they will react to a given situation. One thing I've learned is envisioning "what am I gonna go if...." can work both for and against you.

For damn sure, if you don't have ALL the information, you're not going to make the right decision, you can only make the best desicion for the circumstances you are presented.

Hope everyone has a good safe New Years celebration! And leave the drunken girlfriend in the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    The LEO had informed me in the other case that the weapon was not handed to me that in all legality when a S/O asks for the permit, they must prove they have one, and if requested, they must hand it over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Please feel free to cite the relevant statute
    And realize the jurisdiction of said Michigan statute, should one exist, does not leak across the state line to some place like my beloved Indiana.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

In all fairness to everyone posting to this thread, we all would have been better served if Treos had given us all of the pertinant information like the fact the incident took place in Colorado, it wasn't a ficticious scenario and the final outcome was known and reported in his local news.
    Whether scenario is fictitious or not has no bearing on the thread. It is a reasonably possible scenario. The fact that it did actually happen has no bearing on the discussion.

The location is irrelevant as well because your response is based on where you are not where I am. Finally,the final outcome was never reported in my local news.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast