Private Security Officer Asks To See Your Permit - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Private Security Officer Asks To See Your Permit

The Security Guard knows you have a gun? How? The disturbed exclamation of a drunk woman? That would go over well in court.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

3. 1) Out of courtesy i would probably show the security officer my permit.
    2) Now way in HEXX would I ever turn over my handgun loaded or not to a security officer, he is not the owner of the weapon, he does not posses police authority and also I would be liable if it accidentally discharged while in his possession.
    3) That being said, I would only wait for the police if the security officer was demanding me hand over my weapon. Other than that, I have better things to do than wait around all day.

Quote Originally Posted by SigControl2A View Post
    1) I would be liable if it accidentally discharged while in his possession.
    Care to cite that?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    I will consider this was a hypothetical question, but my first thought was why is this guy walking around with a gun and an unruly, loud-mouthed drunk? Seems a bit irresponsible.
    No, it wasn't. This actually happened
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I don't view just going about my business with minimal interaction as disrespecting to anybody. I'll mind my business, you mind yours. If you don't know what your business is, then that's your problem. FORCE me to explain it to you, and you'll have a bigger problem.

It's that "interaction" thing where the trouble usually starts. Who's doing the interacting, or forcing the issue?

Ok and AGAIN we are seeing the "mine is bigger than yours " sydrome.
    While you may have a valid point cocked and locked,you also have a choice not to use that parking facility. The guard as we have touched upon several times may have overstepped in asking for the weapon. You would be a FOOL and spend time in prison in Illinois if you decided to "explain things to me and give me a bigger problem" This boils down to this.
    The guard,like it or not,it the authority figure on scene until police arrive.You still have all your rights in place at all times during the contact. It is your ACTIONS during the contact that determind what if any level of detention I would use against you. And as said before this appears to be only an "assist the citizen" call with a drunk associate. And as said before the guard was well within the scope of his job and the law to ask you to present a CCW permit.After which point,that level of contact should have ended. Had you posed a THREAT to the guard,then yes,by all and any means you would have been disarmed. Based on the scenario the gentleman did not provide or present a threat in any way that I could discern and based ONLY upon that,yes the guard did overstep his bounds.
    In my state,we can detain,question,search,cuff,hold for evidence ANY thing found on you(called custodial property )You would not be well advised to play hard ass with someone that A) is armed(assumably) B)uniformed and licensed(in illinois your giving me a bigger problem could cost you a Felony and yes I have send a few people to prison for this)
    I would always start out affable and reasonable to the contactee.You command the direction of the contact whether it be a conversation,the back of my car,or on a gurney. So i think in my opinion,you can put your sword back down and stop barking. This is merely a critique of a scenario and there truly is no need for sword rattling.
    You would be AMAZED what a little cooperation can do as opposed to challenging the guard.
    Now if you really want to get technical,since you paid to enter the garage,you entered into an agreement to comply with the rules of the facility.Legally and this is by the closest scrutiny,you would have violated the terms of that contract and garage rules by not being compliant.Read the ticket you get when you enter these areas.Basically you are waiving many rights when you take cursory possession of the parking ticket.
    AGain happy new years and stay safe!

ARMED in CHICAGO.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

You are going to "tick off" a potentially untrained cop wannabe who may have a firearm and may have a large case of ***** envy. That is why you use common sense and not just constitutional sense. Everyone can do what they want to do--some agree with me. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    You are going to "tick off" a potentially untrained cop wannabe who may have a firearm and may have a large case of ***** envy. That is why you use common sense and not just constitutional sense. Everyone can do what they want to do--some agree with me. Just sayin.
    Some like Paul Helmke?

In Colorado training is required to be a firearms authorized security officer. One assumes that this training would include the fact that shooting someone in the back is generally bad Ju-Ju.

I find it interesting that you have no problem positing that someone who legally carries a firearm would "just snap" and start shooting because a person that asked a question refused to answer and walked away. That sounds like a very anti mindset. It sounds like the type argument that Paul Helmke would use when campaigning against shall issue concealed carry.

Care to explain?

Hey Treo: Just sayin. Stranger and more incredulous things happen everyday. I do not presume anything about anyone no matter who they are. It is no big deal for me to just use common sense to deal with many issues instead of ticking someone off, be it a security guard, an LEO or even you. Too old for confrontation unless it is a direct threat to me or my family. Everything else--I could not care less anymore--it is just not worth it to me. I do appreciate your "take" on many things on this forum and respect you for all of them even if I disagree---you at least express yourself without resorting to embarrassing language and personal attack. I wish you and your family and Happy, Healthy, Prosperous and Libertarian New Year. Peace Brother and God Bless.

10. [QUOTE= Now if you really want to get technical,since you paid to enter the garage,you entered into an agreement to comply with the rules of the facility.Legally and this is by the closest scrutiny,you would have violated the terms of that contract and garage rules by not being compliant.Read the ticket you get when you enter these areas.Basically you are waiving many rights when you take cursory possession of the parking ticket.
    AGain happy new years and stay safe!

ARMED in CHICAGO.[/QUOTE]

Well here in az it needs to be posted no weapons. So we can argue this all day. But on the other hand. Regaurdless of the policys of the owners. They do not trump the city,state and federal laws of the area. And in many states you can't sighn or give away your rights. You will see alot of this in employment and labor law. Maybe we should look at the local laws were the issue took place?? Save all this arguement. All I have to say on the other remarks written by others. To put it simply: the questioning of authority. It should be questioned and watched. this is the reasponcibilty of every one. Laws are to be followed by every one. Those doing the leading and those lead.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Treo: Just sayin. Stranger and more incredulous things happen everyday. I do not presume anything about anyone no matter who they are. It is no big deal for me to just use common sense to deal with many issues instead of ticking someone off, be it a security guard, an LEO or even you. Too old for confrontation unless it is a direct threat to me or my family. Everything else--I could not care less anymore--it is just not worth it to me. I do appreciate your "take" on many things on this forum and respect you for all of them even if I disagree---you at least express yourself without resorting to embarrassing language and personal attack. I wish you and your family and Happy, Healthy, Prosperous and Libertarian New Year. Peace Brother and God Bless.
    When you put it that way I have to admit I agree. I don't turn my back on anyone I don't know. OTOH I get concerned when I read a statement that could be construed as saying that the mere presence of a firearm is going to cuase a person who wouldn't otherwise do so to "snap" (my word not your's) and start shooting.

As a rule permit holders (and for the purposes of this discussion I will include armed security in that group because it's the same background check in Colorado) are some of the most law abiding people in America and are among those least likely to engage in the bahavior you posit.

That said it only has to happen one time to really screw up your world

Happy new year

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast