Private Security Officer Asks To See Your Permit - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Private Security Officer Asks To See Your Permit

1. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    You are going to "tick off" a potentially untrained cop wannabe who may have a firearm and may have a large case of ***** envy. That is why you use common sense and not just constitutional sense. Everyone can do what they want to do--some agree with me. Just sayin.
    I have been just sitting back and keeping quiet just to see how far all this would go, and I must say I am really surprised just how long it has gone on.
    All that is well and good, but I DO notice we just cant get past the insult and name calling. Just when and where do we find that the security officer in question, or any security officer for that matter, Is in any way "untrained" or that he EVER wanted to be a cop. Why in hexx would he? And I damx well didnt see anything about ***** envy. Guess we can just make this up as we go, but it all seems so irresponsible and childish, dont It. All of the officers I know or have ever know have been honest hard working men and women just trying to make a living and do a job. None deserve insults.
    When this all started all I did was offer an opinion, and I was attacked like I done pissed in the bath water. Now I guess Ill be quoted for 5 or 6 more pages. Oh well, let the good times roll

Quote Originally Posted by Twodollarpistol View Post
    When this all started all I did was offer an opinion, and I was attacked like I done pissed in the bath water. Now I guess Ill be quoted for 5 or 6 more pages. Oh well, let the good times roll
    Welcome to USACarry!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Welcome to USACarry!
    Thank you Sir

"Two people walking to a car in a parking garage at night. One (Female) is intoxicated the other (Male) doesn’t appear to be. They are arguing and the security guard approaches them and asks if everything’s OK. The female turns to the guard and tells him that her buddy has a gun.

The guard asked the buddy “Do you have a gun sir?’ The buddy responds in the affirmative and the guard asks if he has a permit. Again, the buddy replies yes.

The guard then states that the police have been notified, they’re on their way and would the buddy mind if the guard secured his weapon until the police arrive. I want to be perfectly clear that this was a request the guard did not demand the weapon.

The buddy turns his weapon over to the guard and the guard holds it until the police arrive.

To be clear the guard didn’t demand anything in this scenario he asked if the guy was armed, he asked if he could see the permit and he asked if he could secure the weapon until the police arrived.
    The buddy voluntarily complied W/ the guards's requests

So what would you do if a private security guard asked to inspect your permit and secure you weapon? Would you comply? Would you wait for the police? "

The post states that this was a private security guard. There is nothing in this post to indicate that the guard had any police authority or power (which would surprise me if he did), so you do not have to respond in any way to his requests. Of course, this may depend upon in which state this incident took place. In Virginia, he cannot expect you to show an ID, hand over your CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit in VA), or relinquish your sidearm. You owe him basically nothing so just say goodnight and be on your way.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

"Two people walking to a car in a parking garage at night. One (Female) is intoxicated the other (Male) doesn’t appear to be. They are arguing and the security guard approaches them and asks if everything’s OK. The female turns to the guard and tells him that her buddy has a gun.

The guard asked the buddy “Do you have a gun sir?’ The buddy responds in the affirmative and the guard asks if he has a permit. Again, the buddy replies yes.

The guard then states that the police have been notified, they’re on their way and would the buddy mind if the guard secured his weapon until the police arrive. I want to be perfectly clear that this was a request the guard did not demand the weapon.

The buddy turns his weapon over to the guard and the guard holds it until the police arrive.

To be clear the guard didn’t demand anything in this scenario he asked if the guy was armed, he asked if he could see the permit and he asked if he could secure the weapon until the police arrived.

So what would you do if a private security guard asked to inspect your permit and secure you weapon? Would you comply? Would you wait for the police? " > > > > > > >> >

Sorry Twodoollar for some inappropriate language and I apologize. My point, which was, unfortunately, lost in my bad language and innuendoes, is that when confronted by anyone with a legal OC firearm, whether they are a LEO or a security guard, I will use common sense and lead from there and not get into a constitutional argument over my rights, whether I can or not. Personally, I am sure you know many guards who are responsible and hard-working. My opinion does not put them on that same level and my comments referencing my opinion were inappropriate and wrong. Sorry.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Sorry Twodoollar for some inappropriate language and I apologize. My point, which was, unfortunately, lost in my bad language and innuendoes, is that when confronted by anyone with a legal OC firearm, whether they are a LEO or a security guard, I will use common sense and lead from there and not get into a constitutional argument over my rights, whether I can or not. Personally, I am sure you know many guards who are responsible and hard-working. My opinion does not put them on that same level and my comments referencing my opinion were inappropriate and wrong. Sorry.
    Were cool

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post

So what would you do if a private security guard asked to inspect your permit and secure you weapon? Would you comply? Would you wait for the police? "
    I'd have no problem showing my CPL. I would have a big problem handing over my pistol. And also wonder, WHY were the police called? I'd also ask, as well. I would also ask, "Are we being detained?" And I'd be sure I have my voice recorder going too.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

FIre up that recorder.

just make sure you are making an unautorized one party recording in a state that allows that elst sorry bud your recorder becomes something called
    EVIDENCE AGAINST YOU for illegal wire tap and privacy invasion.

THIS POST NEEDS TO CLOSE.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

11. Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    I would also ask, "Are we being detained?" And I'd be sure I have my voice recorder going too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cortchubby View Post
    just make sure you are making an unautorized one party recording in a state that allows that elst sorry bud your recorder becomes something called
    EVIDENCE AGAINST YOU for illegal wire tap and privacy invasion.
    :
    Just FYI, Michigan (based on your signature) is a "two party consent" state, without the others consent that recording may do you no good....
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast