Which state is best for me.

Thread: Which state is best for me.

1. Which state is best for me.

Hi all,

I live in the horrible state which is IL... I however go down to St Louis, MO quite often and am curious which state I should pursue a CCW in.. I know Iowa is now a Shall issue state and is honored in MO... PA used to be but im not sure anymore. Any suggestions??

Thanks

3. Quote Originally Posted by dondrey View Post
    Hi all,

I live in the horrible state which is IL... I however go down to St Louis, MO quite often and am curious which state I should pursue a CCW in.. I know Iowa is now a Shall issue state and is honored in MO... PA used to be but im not sure anymore. Any suggestions??

Thanks
    My friend I feel your pain I live in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. Although New Jersey is a may issue state it may as well be a right denied state. It is impossible to get one here in New Jerkistan and because of this I cannot get a PA non res. I am in PA a lot and wanted to get a PA but, it worked out better for me. It forced me to look deeper into getting one and now I can carry in 31 states I believe. I have a FLorida one which is accepted in a lot of states. I am going to get a Utah one as well for backup. I think you get a couple more states with the Utah. Check the map but, both cover MO. Good luck

Here is a good page to check http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/N...entPermits.pdf It has a list of states that issue non-resident permits and how to obtain them.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

Quote Originally Posted by dondrey View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks

IA is now Shall Issue...but not to non-residents. PA you maybe lucky and still get it Centre County

You could get Arizona and get very good coverage...it's much cheaper than FL at $60/$43 initial/renewal. and you have it in hand in about 2 weeks

Move to MO and get the MO permit. Most widely accepted permit nationwide, 37 states now (hopefully WI by the end of this year). Only drawback is resident only permits.

7. You could also try moving to Oklahoma, we also are recognized by 37 states plus we recognize ALL other permits including non-resident permits.

Hope there was no misunderstanding, MO recognizes all non resident permits too, BUT, MO does not issue non-resident permits.

9. Thanks for all the great advice guys!! I definitely got enough information to help me out.. Some of you suggested moving and trust me I wish it were a possibility!

Thanks again for the help!