When can chambered round lead to A-D ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: When can chambered round lead to A-D ?

1. Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy View Post
    Oh, come on. Thousands of law enforcement and private citizens carry Glocks, or guns w/similar mechanisms everyday with a round in the chamber. Do you really think that Glocks, or guns that use similar mechanisms would be issued to law enforcement, who are likely required by department policy to carry "cocked and locked" if they were not safe to do so?
    What I quoted came directly from the original Glock manual, at the time the gun was first sold in the United States. So if you have a problem with it, complain to Glock. Based on what is stated in the manual, however, it seems clear that the gun was not originally designed to be carried with a round in the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by holsm50 View Post
    What I quoted came directly from the original Glock manual, at the time the gun was first sold in the United States. So if you have a problem with it, complain to Glock. Based on what is stated in the manual, however, it seems clear that the gun was not originally designed to be carried with a round in the chamber.

It's no different than the notice: "Caution Contents are HOT" on a McDonald's coffee cup
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

4. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It's no different than the notice: "Caution Contents are HOT" on a McDonald's coffee cup
    I think the language is a little stronger than that. It's more like: "Danger: Don't Drink this Coffee"

Look, the truth is that nothing I can say is going to change anybody's mind on this issue, except perhaps the guy with the limp. For most Glock owners who are careful and follow safe gun handling practices, they will never have an AD/ND. That is true for most any firearm. However, the purpose of any safety mechanism is to protect those people who do make a mistake. And it happens.

5. Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy View Post
    Oh, come on. Thousands of law enforcement and private citizens carry Glocks, or guns w/similar mechanisms everyday with a round in the chamber. Do you really think that Glocks, or guns that use similar mechanisms would be issued to law enforcement, who are likely required by department policy to carry "cocked and locked" if they were not safe to do so?
    OK, here's an example of what I have been talking about ------- hot off the press. Yesterday, an Alabama guy retrieved his Glock pistol from the glove compartment of his truck and as he walked back to his house, he tripped and fell, causing the gun to discharge into his leg. As the guy was calling to wife for help, his young son arrived at the scene and picked-up the pistol. As his wife arrived, the boy inadvertently touched the trigger, shooting his mother in the neck.

In my opinion, this was a totally preventable accident. I am assuming that as the guy tripped, he accidentally pulled the trigger (probably a reflex response), causing the discharge. It does not sound like he intentionally pulled the trigger. Had this Glock had a manual safety, this double tragedy never would have occurred.

You can call the guy dumb, stupid or any name under the sun, the fact remains that this was an accident, pure and simple, that could have been prevented with a simple manual safety ---- the type of safety design feature that has been around for over 100 years, that Glock continues to ignore, at least with respect pistols it sells in the U.S.

OK, here's an example of what I have been talking about ------- hot off the press. Yesterday, an Alabama guy retrieved his Glock pistol from the glove compartment of his truck and as he walked back to his house, he tripped and fell, causing the gun to discharge into his leg. As the guy was calling to wife for help, his young son arrived at the scene and picked-up the pistol. As his wife arrived, the boy inadvertently touched the trigger, shooting his mother in the neck.

In my opinion, this was a totally preventable accident. I am assuming that as the guy tripped, he accidentally pulled the trigger (probably a reflex response), causing the discharge. It does not sound like he intentionally pulled the trigger. Had this Glock had a manual safety, this double tragedy never would have occurred.

You can call the guy dumb, stupid or any name under the sun, the fact remains that this was an accident, pure and simple, that could have been prevented with a simple manual safety ---- the type of safety design feature that has been around for over 100 years, that Glock continues to ignore, at least with respect pistols it sells in the U.S.
    I see what you are saying but (Treo's got a big ol but oh yeah) GLOCKs don't have hair triggers. You don't just touch the trigger and it "goes off" you have to actually be pulling on the trigger to get it to fire.

This accident could have been just as easily prevented by keeping your finger off the trigger
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I see what you are saying but (Treo's got a big ol but oh yeah) GLOCKs don't have hair triggers. You don't just touch the trigger and it "goes off" you have to actually be pulling on the trigger to get it to fire.

This accident could have been just as easily prevented by keeping your finger off the trigger
    I do own a Glock with a standard trigger, and it doesn't take much to pull 5.5 lbs., and particularly if you are tripping and falling.

I do own a Glock with a standard trigger, and it doesn't take much to pull 5.5 lbs., and particularly if you are tripping and falling.
    Which doesn't change my statement at all This accident could have been just as easily prevented by keeping your finger off the trigger

I've woke out of a sound sleep w/ my gun in my hand and my finger was right where it was supposed to be, indexed along the frame of the weapon. Muscle memory

9. [QUOTE=I've woke out of a sound sleep w/ my gun in my hand and my finger was right where it was supposed to be, indexed along the frame of the weapon. Muscle memory[/QUOTE]

Not that it's any of my business, but what the hell are you doing sleeping with a gun in your hand? That does sound like an accident waiting to happen.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Well, each to his own. But I feel much more confident to know that I can unholster and fire without a lot of pushing or pulling on levers or buttons.
    I didn't chamber a round for about 90 days after I got my first Glock. Then, when I learned to handle the firearm without blowing something off I started carrying hot. I consider the Glock very safe, but not necessarily for those who are not proficient, or afraid or unsure of their firearm and it's operation. It's a tactical weapon - that means ready to go, now.

Not that it's any of my business, but what the hell are you doing sleeping with a gun in your hand? That does sound like an accident waiting to happen.
    I don't sleep w/ a gun in my hand I grabbed it off the night table during a bad dream. I've also pushed my wife out of bed in the middle of the night because I heard machine gun fire that wasn't there

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast