When can chambered round lead to A-D ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: When can chambered round lead to A-D ?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I don't sleep w/ a gun in my hand I grabbed it off the night table during a bad dream. I've also pushed my wife out of bed in the middle of the night because I heard machine gun fire that wasn't there
    Sorry, I didn't mean to pry.

3. Quote Originally Posted by holsm50 View Post
    OK, here's an example of what I have been talking about ------- hot off the press. Yesterday, an Alabama guy retrieved his Glock pistol from the glove compartment of his truck and as he walked back to his house, he tripped and fell, causing the gun to discharge into his leg. As the guy was calling to wife for help, his young son arrived at the scene and picked-up the pistol. As his wife arrived, the boy inadvertently touched the trigger, shooting his mother in the neck.

In my opinion, this was a totally preventable accident. I am assuming that as the guy tripped, he accidentally pulled the trigger (probably a reflex response), causing the discharge. It does not sound like he intentionally pulled the trigger. Had this Glock had a manual safety, this double tragedy never would have occurred.

You can call the guy dumb, stupid or any name under the sun, the fact remains that this was an accident, pure and simple, that could have been prevented with a simple manual safety ---- the type of safety design feature that has been around for over 100 years, that Glock continues to ignore, at least with respect pistols it sells in the U.S.
    This guy sounds like the poster boy for gun safety... not.

First, why did he have a gun free flowing in his glove box, not having any gun, let alone a Glock, in some type of holster like that is asking for it.

Why was he walking around with a loaded gun in his hand, especially with kids around? Why was it pointed at his leg? Why did he not have it in a holster?

Had this Glock had a manual safety, this double tragedy never would have occurred.
    Well, not really. Based on the story it does not sound like the guy would have used the manual safety even if it existed on the Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by holsm50 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to pry.
    It's all good
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Thumbs down Coffee Cups

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It's no different than the notice: "Caution Contents are HOT" on a McDonald's coffee cup
    We don't need no stinkin warnings on coffee cups.

I am a competitive shooter (Defensive and CMP) and I have only had 1 A-D in my life. I don't CC, but I put so many rounds downrange that I can be considered a person with knowledge of guns haha. The only AD I had was with an SKS rifle. It was pointed in the only safe direction, down. I was loading it, and we were doing defensive shooting as if in a house and your rifle was the only thing you had. I chose the SKS because I like the feel of it. Anyways, I was reloading and aiming down and when I put the mag in the gun, the bolt slipped and the firing pin was stuck in the fire position. The bullet grazed my toe and it bled a hell of a lot. But I have shot a lot more and I have never had another AD since. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen. Just always be prepared for the worst. Remember Murphy's Law. Whatever can go wrong, will. Just always be prepared.

Rushfan AD

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan24 View Post
    I am a competitive shooter (Defensive and CMP) and I have only had 1 A-D in my life. I don't CC, but I put so many rounds downrange that I can be considered a person with knowledge of guns haha. The only AD I had was with an SKS rifle. It was pointed in the only safe direction, down. I was loading it, and we were doing defensive shooting as if in a house and your rifle was the only thing you had. I chose the SKS because I like the feel of it. Anyways, I was reloading and aiming down and when I put the mag in the gun, the bolt slipped and the firing pin was stuck in the fire position. The bullet grazed my toe and it bled a hell of a lot. But I have shot a lot more and I have never had another AD since. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen. Just always be prepared for the worst. Remember Murphy's Law. Whatever can go wrong, will. Just always be prepared.
    OUCH! Hate it when that happens...

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    OUCH! Hate it when that happens...
    Haha yes it did hurt, but I got lucky that I didn't lose more that a pair of shoes and some blood. It definitely scared the s*** out of me haha

9. Quote Originally Posted by rushfan24 View Post
    The only AD I had was with an SKS rifle. It was pointed in the only safe direction, down. Anyways, I was reloading and aiming down and when I put the mag in the gun, the bolt slipped and the firing pin was stuck in the fire position. The bullet grazed my toe and it bled a hell of a lot.
    Respectfully, if the gun was actually pointed in a safe direction, you would not have shot yourself in the foot...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Respectfully, if the gun was actually pointed in a safe direction, you would not have shot yourself in the foot...
    That is very true, but I was young and dumb! The range master told me to keep it in a safe direction for reloading, and technically the only safe direction was at the ground, and I was stupid enough to have the barrel towards my foot. I really didn't mean too, but we all make mistakes, how else would we learn?

11. Quote Originally Posted by rushfan24 View Post
    how else would we learn?
    By watching other people shoot themselves in the foot! ..... I am totally sorry, I just couldn't resist that one...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast