Baltimore LEO's kill plain clothes LEO
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore LEO's kill plain clothes LEO

1. Baltimore LEO's kill plain clothes LEO

''BALTIMORE Baltimore police say that fellow officers fired the gun shots that killed a plainclothes officer during a melee outside a nightclub.

A 22-year-old civilian was also killed in the early Sunday morning shooting.

Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefield III said on Monday that no civilians fired any shots.

Officer William Torbit Jr. was on duty in plainclothes when he responded to a report of trouble at the club. Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi (goo-lee-EHL-mee) says Torbit was trying to break up a fight when he was attacked and pulled out his weapon to defend himself.

At some point after that, officers opened fire, killing the officer. Police say Torbit was wearing his badge but there were no other indicators he was police.

The officers who fired are on administrative leave.''

If they killed one of their own, it could happen to you when your defending your self, it goes to show you, as soon as the cops arrive drop your gun!!!

Link to original story- Baltimore officer was killed by fellow officers - Yahoo! News

He should haver had is uniform on that way he would not have looked like a criminal or joe citizen with a gun. The officers who shot him will not get in trouble.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    He should haver had is uniform on that way he would not have looked like a criminal or joe citizen with a gun. The officers who shot him will not get in trouble.
    He probably heard the call on the radio, he was the first on the scene and he probably didn't have time to put his uniform on; he may not have even had it on him, of course the cops will not get in trouble they are cops and we all know that cops are infallible.....

5. Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Whats wrong with looking like a citizen with a gun? He was being attacked and reguardless of whether he was a LEO or a citizen, he had the right to defend himself...

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
    He probably heard the call on the radio, he was the first on the scene and he probably didn't have time to put his uniform on; he may not have even had it on him, of course the cops won't get in trouble the're cops and we all no that cops are infallible.....
    Completly uncalled for statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I'm not sure you understand, it says "plainclothes officer" which implies he doesn't wear a uniform when on duty. This is different from an off duty uniform officer.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol,
    Personal Protection In The Home
    MA State Police Certified Instructor

of course the cops won't get in trouble the're cops and we all no that cops are infallible.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    Completly uncalled for statement.
    Not to mention grammatically pathetic as well.

He was probably undercover, hence no uniform.

So unfortunate....

Whats wrong with looking like a citizen with a gun? He was being attacked and reguardless of whether he was a LEO or a citizen, he had the right to defend himself...
    +1

I'm looking forward to the outcome of this article.

kingofthedemo has it on the money - if I'm in public and am attacked, I'm going for my weapon before my attacker does. I would hate for an LEO to see that and unload on me.

Since the gun wasn't pointed at them, they should have ordered him to drop his weapon because they didn't know what was going on.

The same is expected of us because of the very same reason. If you are not there from the start, order them to the drop their weapon unless they are pointing it at you, you might be shooting an undercover officer or even a law abiding citizen protecting themselves.

They were trigger happy.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast