Good Conceal Carry Story! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Good Conceal Carry Story!

  1. Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    For your very first post can you please not hijack my post? Not trying tone an ass but that's kinda rude.
    No doubt, jokes go in the OT forum... I dont understand why it was posted here?

    As for the fl jogger thing, Im glad the jogger was able to protect himself... The more this kind of thing happens, the less it will happen in the future (because the criminals "might" just think twice about their line of work...)

    I just dont understand why more lawmakers dont look at this kind of thing and go "hmm, so when the public is allowed to defend itself, crime goes down? Well then yay for guns!"

    Its always a little sad when a human loses their life, but its less sad when it is a criminal who may have taken an innocent life instead, this was definitely a happy ending in the the innocent person kept theirs, while the criminal wont be able to attack anyone else in the future....

  2.   
  3. #12
    I hate to hear of any loss of life, but if I'm glad it was the thief and not the jogger. He was willing to take the chance that the jogger was unarmed...he lost.....with his life. Let this be a lesson to other would be thieves.

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    For your very first post can you please not hijack my post? Not trying tone an ass but that's kinda rude.
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

  5. Love happy endings. One more removed from the gene pool.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Love happy endings. One more removed from the gene pool.
    Every now and then, the gene pool needs a dose of chlorine. Or lead. Jogger 1, BG 0.

  7. #16
    I hope the jogger is "Okay" with things...."It's a hell of a thing killin a man, you take all he's got and all he's ever gonna have..."

    The sad truth is, I'm sure he's having some serious issues with it now, but the choice wasn't really his to make only one party involved made a choice that day, however I'd be willing to bet that the jogger is wondering if he should have just punched the guy back and fought him...

    I'm NOT, IN ANY MANNER, saying he was WRONG to do what he did, he had only an instant to decide, but I think any normal person would have at least some second thoughts...

    I pray for him and his family as well as for the family of the attacker. No one is the "winner" in a situation like this....But at least the innocent man didn't die this time....

  8. #17
    Kinda scary though to be honest. So a jogger shoots someone 8 times because he said that the kid punched him? I don't know if I back this one. A firearm is only one of the tools in a persons self defense tool chest. In my humble opinion it is not ok to kill someone for punching you. I'm sure that some will disagree however....
    -Austin

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    16
    The issue is not punishment or retaliation ("kill someone for punching you"). I know there's a feeling of righteous justice when we hear stories like this, but carrying isn't about imposing justice. It's about lawful self-defense. If you're carrying with a viglante ideal about imposing justice, you are doing it for the wrong reason and are headed for trouble.

    There's no telling what would have happened after the first and second and third punch. "Jogger beaten to death in midnight mugging" could have been the headline.

    Since I began carrying I have imagined my own "second thoughts" and I have concluded I would probably feel human sorrow that I had to shoot and/or kill someone, but I would be all right with it. I've been to war, not on the front lines, I've never shot anyone personally but I've seen the results firsthand, and it's not something I can take joy in. But grim satisfaction...I'm OK with that.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA soon to be Seattle, WA
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirednun View Post
    The issue is not punishment or retaliation ("kill someone for punching you"). I know there's a feeling of righteous justice when we hear stories like this, but carrying isn't about imposing justice. It's about lawful self-defense. If you're carrying with a viglante ideal about imposing justice, you are doing it for the wrong reason and are headed for trouble.

    There's no telling what would have happened after the first and second and third punch. "Jogger beaten to death in midnight mugging" could have been the headline.

    Since I began carrying I have imagined my own "second thoughts" and I have concluded I would probably feel human sorrow that I had to shoot and/or kill someone, but I would be all right with it. I've been to war, not on the front lines, I've never shot anyone personally but I've seen the results firsthand, and it's not something I can take joy in. But grim satisfaction...I'm OK with that.
    WN, thank you very much for posting this. I constantly am trying to be more Zen in life and this was a calming effect to a rather charged post. Still I understand all the emotion. It's scary out there, and the older I get, the less I feel like Superman when I was younger. I fear more and more each day about myself, and more so, my family.

    There are so many incidents to point out why the fear is justified, look anywhere in this nation. But this point you've given, gives another path to a person like myself, who doesn't have a CCW yet. It's easy the fear that is there and be replaced by the want for Justice, instead of Protection.

    It's enough to fear the BG's, I don't need to start fearing GG CCW holders whom I may be cross with.

    Thanks for the post.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado / Colorado
    Posts
    246

    Good show, Jogger-naut!

    Love it! LOL
    Did anyone hear the story about the carjacking victim who shot the carjacker with his own gun? Where was that, when, and what's the full story?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast