Good Conceal Carry Story! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Conceal Carry Story!

Ditch to Google ads?

Anybody know how to get rid of these friggin' Google ads?

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    Not a clue but asking that question in this thread isn't the place to get a real answer. You'll likely only get people like me to tell you your posting in the wrong area.
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    Yeah, everyone become a paying member.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Yeah, everyone become a paying member.
    See rdc2co, I tooooold you!
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

6. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Kinda scary though to be honest. So a jogger shoots someone 8 times because he said that the kid punched him? I don't know if I back this one. A firearm is only one of the tools in a persons self defense tool chest. In my humble opinion it is not ok to kill someone for punching you. I'm sure that some will disagree however....

If you are going to start second guessing people saying "well all he did was punch you", then you are thinking like a gun grabbing liberal. I dont know if you are or if you arent, but thats EXACTLY what one wold say....

The point here is that it is against the law to walk up and punch someone, regardless of what your intentions after that are, while the law allows you to use deadly force to prevent bodily harm, (in the free states anyway) precisely BECAUSE no one can say whats going to happen AFTER the first punch, until its already happened. He may just punch you in the face, then when you go down, pull a knife and "finish the job".... or he may have just planned to take the guys wallet, no one knows but the thug, are you REALLY willing to bet an innocent persons life on that kind of "maybe" because it may save a criminals life? I'm not.

Yep !!!!!

Some how I knew that was coming ,YES it was RUDE .........

Glade of the out come for the jogger. What sucks is some like the Brady bunch will add it to their tote board as "Another teen shoot with a handgun. When will the madness end?".

And as per shooting someone who just punched you. Well if your someone like me, a simple punch in the right place can easily cause your death.
    AHH! Coffee the elixir of life!
    Coffee the elixir of life!

Quote Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
    If you are going to start second guessing people saying "well all he did was punch you", then you are thinking like a gun grabbing liberal. I dont know if you are or if you arent, but thats EXACTLY what one wold say....
    Now you can't make a blanket statement like that.

I am vehemently anti-liberal and I am torn over this one. I've been in many a scrap in my life and I'm not afraid to stand toe to toe with anyone...but that was before I started carrying a gun. I've personally already made the decision that I'm not going to get into a first fight because I fear that they might take my gun during it. I would have drawn and ordered the guy to the ground and then fired if he persisted, I would not have just shot without warning.

I am not speaking against the guy for doing it. As many shots as he fired, he was definitely in fear for his life, but I think the guy is lucky the DA decided not to pursue charges for excessive force.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    I am not speaking against the guy for doing it. As many shots as he fired, he was definitely in fear for his life, but I think the guy is lucky the DA decided not to pursue charges for excessive force.
    First I want to say I am not a lawyer. And I don't play one one t.v.
    But I did ask an Indiana prosecutor that I know, about this same question. And her response was (and I'm para-phrasing here) Once deadly force is determined to be justifiable. It is irrelevant whether you shoot 1 time or 10 times. But that said, when someone does use over kill they will take a real close look at the evidence. And it is know to happen, for someone in a personnel self defence situation, to keep shooting until the gun is empty.
    I know this may not the case everywhere.
    AHH! Coffee the elixir of life!
    Coffee the elixir of life!

11. Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    TAMPA, Fla. A pistol-packing jogger in Florida won't be charged for shooting and killing a teenager who attacked him during a midnight run.

Prosecutors said Tuesday they are convinced Thomas Baker acted in self defense when he fired eight shots at 18-year-old Carlos Mustelier near Tampa in November .

Prosecutors say Florida's "stand-your-ground" law was a factor in their decision. The law, passed in 2005, gives people the right to use deadly force as long as they "reasonably believe" it is necessary to stop another person from hurting them.

Baker told police he reached for his gun when the teen punched him in the face. Baker has a concealed weapons permit.

The teen was hit four times in the chest, back and buttocks. He died at the scene.

Fla. jogger won't be charged for shooting teen - Yahoo! News
    I'm all for people defending themselves, and not being charged. I am curious how this man was able to articulate he felt that grave bodily injury or death was immanent due to a punch in the face. Are FL's laws that strong? I don't know all the circumstances ages/size there could have been disparity of force issue. In my state I'm sure a person would be unjustly charged for this...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast