Good Conceal Carry Story! - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Good Conceal Carry Story!

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Nice story, but its not cool to jump somebody elses thread on your first post
    Aww come on... You beat me to telling him he was rude for committing grand theft thread

Oh well, I guess that just meens I gotta check back more often.
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by truckie011 View Post
    I just watched the vids from that link. And sorry to say this is no where near the scenario, of shooting someone in self defense until the gun is empty.
    This shop owner clearly committed a murder. He got out the gun and walked up to the all ready wounded (not sure who originally shot him) punk and shot him five times in the stomach. So your comparing an apple to an orange on this one.
    They ( defense lawyer ) say in the second video that no jury would convict him. I would bet that you could easily find 7 to convict with all 7 being CCW permittees. Even to the point of First Degree Murder. The pharmacist fired after the attack was over and did it in a calculated manner. If he had been afraid of the perp, he would not have walked right past him to get the second gun. Nor would he have gotten that close. The video will be his downfall. I'm also betting that the defense lawyer would try to get the evidence surpressed.

4. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    They ( defense lawyer ) say in the second video that no jury would convict him. I would bet that you could easily find 7 to convict with all 7 being CCW permittees. Even to the point of First Degree Murder. The pharmacist fired after the attack was over and did it in a calculated manner. If he had been afraid of the perp, he would not have walked right past him to get the second gun. Nor would he have gotten that close. The video will be his downfall. I'm also betting that the defense lawyer would try to get the evidence surpressed.
    Agreed.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

5. A great story. Love to hear it when thugs are taken care of. Thanks for sharing.

Situational comparison

It's interesting to watch this conversation from a Florida perspective. I will start by saying that I am not an attorney.
    I have been told by reliable sources (my attorney and my sergeant) that in Colorado, when the kid dropped to the floor, he is no longer a threat UNLESS he deploys another gun. When the store owner shot him again while he was on the floor, it would be open-and-shut murder case. However, if the guy on the floor has a backup gun, he is still a threat until that threat is neutralized.
    In the jogger case, I have been punched in the face dozens of times and am still alive (albeit crooked nose). However, if the jogger was significantly smaller in stature, and/or female, and or the attacker would presumably be a much better fighter, and/or there were more than one attacker, there might be a favorable case.
    I am not a martial artist in any way. I was faced with a training situation where my partner was 6'2" and 325 lbs. I am 5'8" and 170 lbs. He was clearly a martial artist by the way he squared off at me. He definitely had a size/weight advantage over me. In scenario 1, he was unarmed and he tossed me around like a Barbie Doll. I would have been justified. In scenario 2 he was armed with a knife. I would have been justified. Any time you are faced with a gun and have no safe cover, you would (probably) be justified.
    If anyone is interested, Google "Colorado Revised Statutes" and use the search box to go to Colorado Revised Statutes, then look up CRS 18-1-704 through 18-1-707.5. I say this not only for perspective, but also for travelers to Colorado.

More info on the pharmacist story. Teen pled guilty to 1st degree murder but has an IQ of 72. Teen pleads guilty to murder in Oklahoma City pharmacy robbery | NewsOK.com

And look at how the people on this site feel. http://www.topix.net/forum/tulsa/TC0AO16IGJ0AVKK2B Good grief don't they understand what murder/manslaughter is? Makes no difference it it is a bad guy or a good guy, but there is a difference between self defense and murder/mamslaughter. And while it might start out as a Murder in the first degree charge, in court at the trial it can be lowered to lessor included charges. By the court, lawyers, or the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    That was the exact point of my reply to the video post. The store owner looked as if he committed a cold blooded murder. And based on that video, barring any other mitigating circumstances, I would have to vote guilty if I was on the jury. Though it may pain me a bit to do so. I truly believe we are a nation of laws, and at that point the store owner appointed himself judge, jury, & executioner.
    AHH! Coffee the elixir of life!
    Coffee the elixir of life!

Quote Originally Posted by truckie011 View Post
    That was the exact point of my reply to the video post. The store owner looked as if he committed a cold blooded murder. And based on that video, barring any other mitigating circumstances, I would have to vote guilty if I was on the jury. Though it may pain me a bit to do so. I truly believe we are a nation of laws, and at that point the store owner appointed himself judge, jury, & executioner.
    I agree with you. And worse, I've been there and done that as a jury member.

10. glad he protected himself. I dont know about the 8 shots, it seems like anything more than 3 might not be necesary, but I wasnt and have never been in that situation so I cant judge him. I think the main factor if that were me, is if he kept punching him he could steal his gun, that wouldve been the main reason for shooting someone who is unarmed but still attacks you.

IMO, I think the jogger was justified in protecting himself. It would be of interest to me to know how long The state considered the one in the back and the one in the buttocks before they decided not to prosecute?
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

GIHolsters.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast