Detroit Man's Story: Break-in, Then Bullets

Thread: Detroit Man's Story: Break-in, Then Bullets

1. Detroit Man's Story: Break-in, Then Bullets

Hey guys, just thought I'd share this recent story of how a licensed gun carrier stopped some would be robbers from stealing his neighbors property. Let me know what you think.

Here's a preview: DETROIT (WJBK) - A pistol packing neighbor allegedly took the law into his own hands and unloaded his piece on a couple of suspected burglars.

Full story : Detroit Man's Story: Break-in, Then Bullets

What is sort of unclear from the story is, did the guy go to the neighbors house, pull up those blinds and yell get out of there, OR did he open the blinds at his house yell got shot at and returned fire?

Very different circumstances, plus it doesn't appear that he called 911 either. That should always be step one, then if you yell at them to get out of there or they shoot at you at least you let the cops know.

Don't get me wrong, although I know they wouldn't, I'd LOVE to have neighbors like him!

I'd have done the same thing, once the BG fired a Gun he became a target. Black or white he did what everyone should do.

Quote Originally Posted by KCD1974 View Post
    What is sort of unclear from the story is, did the guy go to the neighbors house, pull up those blinds and yell get out of there, OR did he open the blinds at his house yell got shot at and returned fire?

Very different circumstances, plus it doesn't appear that he called 911 either. That should always be step one, then if you yell at them to get out of there or they shoot at you at least you let the cops know.

Don't get me wrong, although I know they wouldn't, I'd LOVE to have neighbors like him!
    Next, Chase told FOX 2 there was swearing and that a pistol was pointed at him and discharged. That was when he reportedly returned fire, emptying his clip

I would say that they shot at him first.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!