What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber? - Page 12

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Voters
1818. You may not vote on this poll

19 1.05%

18 0.99%

56 3.08%
  • .38 Special

98 5.39%

240 13.20%
  • .40 S&W

446 24.53%
  • .41 Magnum

2 0.11%
  • .45 ACP

423 23.27%
  • 9mm

727 39.99%
  • 10mm

16 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

I would recommend the RUGER SR40C

Quote Originally Posted by TyNapier View Post
    I carry a 40 cal Glock as my duty weapon, but am concerned about carrying it concealed off duty because it doesn't have a safety. I want something that has a similar feel, but has a safety, any suggestions?
    I would suggest the Ruger SR40C very nice gun shoots straight and you can shoot lead bullets in it for practice.

You could also use an after market add on like The Glock Manual Safety and keep the same gun you have. It is an improvement that does not void the Glock warranty. If you lose your gun in a bad close encounter it might give you an extra second or so to do something about it. Mr. Ayoob recommends them and he is a man who I greatly respect in the wisdom and good sense departments.

I think you would win either way. One you get a cool new gun, the other you get to keep using all those holsters, magazines, and accessories you have for your Glock and let's face it, NOTHING "feels like" a Glock except a Glock.

3. Quote Originally Posted by TyNapier View Post
    I carry a 40 cal Glock as my duty weapon, but am concerned about carrying it concealed off duty because it doesn't have a safety. I want something that has a similar feel, but has a safety, any suggestions?
    S&W M&P has a manual safety option.
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

4. I guess I don't understand. If you're ok with carrying the Glock all day as a duty weapon, how come it's all of a sudden not ok to CC it with no safety? Many, many people CC a Glock every day. Just make sure your holster covers the trigger, and your GTG, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TyNapier View Post

5. .38spl S&W J-frame revolver in the summer and my Springfield XD9 any other time

Hello, I joined and saw the thread. I chose the .45 acp. I love this caliber and have used it for years learning on my dads 1911. I carry a Glock 21. I have been looking at the 36 for a sub compact. I have need to do some more reading about the best method of concealment for a large frame, lots to read here. Thank you for having me.

38 special is by far the most comfortable gun I carry. I do like to mix it up at times with a glock 9 or 40.

I carry either a Sig P226 NAVY or a Sig P250 compact... My back up is a Taurus 905 all in 9mm ammo is either Glaser or Magtech

9. Well, my favorite is the 45acp and I carry my Colts the most but summertime the Kahr PM9 drops in the pocket very easily. The rest of the time its either a .40 XD or a model 36 S&W.

S&W sd40 for CC, remington 870 for home defense.

Use to carry a Taurus 650 375 Mag, just changed to a Glock 19, G3

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast