What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber? - Page 15

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Voters
1821. You may not vote on this poll

19 1.04%

18 0.99%

56 3.08%
  • .38 Special

98 5.38%

240 13.18%
  • .40 S&W

446 24.49%
  • .41 Magnum

2 0.11%
  • .45 ACP

424 23.28%
  • 9mm

729 40.03%
  • 10mm

16 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

1. 9MM with Critical Defense rounds.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I voted 9mm because my EDC is small enough to carry in any weather/season and light enough to be comfortable in most carry positions, but I'd prefer a .45ACP that fits the same criteria. My .45 (S&W 4563TSW) is full sized and only tolerable comfort-wise for extended periods of time worn OWB on the hip, which drastically reduces the time(s) of year I can EDC it. My current 9mm EDC is a CZ RAMI, and though fairly heavy, still fits in most pockets, is reasonably comfortable in a Crossbreed Super-Tuck, and/or virtually unnoticeable in my "Packin' Tees" shirt holster, which is how I carry it most often anymore. I plan on going slightly smaller and lighter with a Kel-Tek PF9 before long. I'd try for a small, light .45 if they weren't two to three times as much as a PF9, but alas, I'm poor, so 9mm it is then.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I carry my LCP every day everywhere. But I like my 45ACP. When I get the cash I will get an LC9 for a little more kick. The 45 is a little harder to hide. Ordered a sneaky holster, if I like it i'll get another 4 the LC9 I Plan on adding 2 my arsenal.

5. Well for me its a variety. The judge public defender 45lc/410 ,SW 40, 9MM or 380. Just depends on what the weather is and how I'm dressed!!

6. My PT145 has less perceived recoil then my Witness 45, WHY...... Geometry I guess??
    I carry a 45ACP because shooting twice is just silly.

.45ACP, 9mm, .380.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
    My PT145 has less perceived recoil then my Witness 45, WHY...... Geometry I guess??
    Physics would be more accurate I think. The Witness is bigger and heavier and the spring is probably more stout too, all of which serves to absorb more of the expended energy. At least that would be my best guess. I'm not a physicist by any stretch of the imagination!
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

9. Very True Blues, My geometry theory was based on the much higher grip I can obtain on the PT145, My Witness is a polymer gun, The slide is about 3/4 longer and about a 1/4 wider, The handle is the same size as the PT145 but the PT can hold 10 rounds? Still blows my mind. Any-Who I love them both and don't mind the Heini sights on the PT. I have many more hours with the Witness and have no problems concealing and carrying it all day, But the PT is just a marvel to me icomparisonon. I've only got about 100 rounds through it, But that will change here this coming week
    I carry a 45ACP because shooting twice is just silly.

I'm surprised this thread isn't 10 times longer. I believe that if the shot is there and the shooter has the ability, then caliber doesn't matter. You can take out a threat with a rock and a sling.

My choice of caliber is 9mm. For me, it's the best compromise for my physical limitations (still surprised at that one since yesterday I was just a kid and could get right back into it no matter what), stopping power, and capacity.

I also stagger the load of my magazines. 1st round in the chamber is a 147 grain Winchester PDX1 for barrier penetration, then a Hornady 124 grain TAP FPD for better ballistic coefficient. When I can get my hands on the new Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain I will eliminate the PDX1. It's expensive but half my practice time is with these rounds and the other half is with Federal Champion 115 grain FMJ RN to ease the burden on my wallet. It's screws with the muscle memory initially, but practice always solves that problem and I enjoy practicing!

Sig p238 .380 and a kahr .40 I love my xd .45 just haven't found a comfortable way to cart it

Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast