What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber? - Page 37

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Voters
1818. You may not vote on this poll

19 1.05%

18 0.99%

56 3.08%
  • .38 Special

98 5.39%

240 13.20%
  • .40 S&W

446 24.53%
  • .41 Magnum

2 0.11%
  • .45 ACP

423 23.27%
  • 9mm

727 39.99%
  • 10mm

16 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Smith & Wesson FS M&P .40 caliber with either 165 Golden Saber or 155 Winchester Silver tips.
    On light clothing days, I like the 135 grain rounds from CorBon.

ETA: I carry a full sized duty weapon from when I wake up until I lay down to sleep, 365/24/7.
    The the .40 cal and the Ruger P95 go under the pillow. One on each side of my head (safeties on).
    Crazy yes but at least I'll be asleep if I go!

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    That's me for sure. I'm strapped from pants on till pants off. Then with in arms reach all night, with my Rem 870 in the corner.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

3. .40 its big enough to stop andyone dead in tracts but by my firearm its smaller then most 45's physical size thinner amd shoeter and easier to hide I've found

Sent from my SPH-L710 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by meused View Post
    .40 its big enough to stop andyone dead in tracts but by my firearm its smaller then most 45's physical size thinner amd shoeter and easier to hide I've found

Is that a S&W40VE? I have one and after a little trigger work it shoots great and the trigger is smooth as glass. After 2000+ rounds have yet to have one failure to fire, eject or feed and has a good combat accuracy.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

5. Yeah I just it I love it shoots great not one problem so far minus minor rust on a brand new gun but

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Is that a S&W40VE? I have one and after a little trigger work it shoots great and the trigger is smooth as glass. After 2000+ rounds have yet to have one failure to fire, eject or feed and has a good combat accuracy.
    What kind of work did you do? I like the extra creep. The length of pull seems just right for my hands.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meused View Post
    Yeah I just it I love it shoots great not one problem so far minus minor rust on a brand new gun but

Try wiping down the slide with synthetic cleaner. i give mine a new coat about once a week and it's still as shiny as day one. Never seen rust on a stainless steel slide before. Got a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    What kind of work did you do? I like the extra creep. The length of pull seems just right for my hands.
    I polished the contact areas on the trigger transfer bar, ground away the two ridges on the frame that the transfer bar rubs against, took the large spring off the part that the trigger cocks to release the striker (can't remember it's name), dab of grease on the rails. It went from gritty and heavy to smooth and lighter trigger pull. It really improved my accuracy a lot and follow up shots a lot quicker.
    2200+ rounds now with not one hiccup. I carry it most days now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    I polished the contact areas on the trigger transfer bar, ground away the two ridges on the frame that the transfer bar rubs against, took the large spring off the part that the trigger cocks to release the striker (can't remember it's name), dab of grease on the rails. It went from gritty and heavy to smooth and lighter trigger pull. It really improved my accuracy a lot and follow up shots a lot quicker.
    2200+ rounds now with not one hiccup. I carry it most days now.
    Hmmmm maybe I'll try that. I'm just not sure how that would affect accuracy for me since the factory setting seems to be perfect for me. I could become near perfect or suddenly be shooting low left. What to do what to do?

9mm. Because more is better than bigger.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

11. I still believe the .380 is becoming the number one carry caliber. The range I go to the majority of people carry .380. Besides .380 I believe the .38 and 9mm are next. Sure there are people who like big calibers, but most people simply want something easy to conceal that will get someone off them if something happens. I carried a .45 for 4 years, now I carry a .380 or .32 because follow up shots are faster and they will do the job. I'm not worried if the bad guy lives, long as the threat is stopped. But to be honest, .380 or .32 in center mass can put out your lights.

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast