What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber? - Page 41

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Voters
1818. You may not vote on this poll

19 1.05%

18 0.99%

56 3.08%
  • .38 Special

98 5.39%

240 13.20%
  • .40 S&W

446 24.53%
  • .41 Magnum

2 0.11%
  • .45 ACP

423 23.27%
  • 9mm

727 39.99%
  • 10mm

16 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

1. Don't have a regular carry peace yet but have carried a 1911 45apc. Thinking of revolver with a backup revolver.

Old faithful...45

4. 40 s&w

5. I like what the .45 does ballistically, but I am not the most accurate with it. Additionally, you generally don't have as many rounds in the firearm (which is an issue if you are not accurate with your shots). I think you can go with smaller calibers, depending on the type of ammunition that is used.

6. .45 comment

Quote Originally Posted by blackjh1989 View Post
    I like what the .45 does ballistically, but I am not the most accurate with it. Additionally, you generally don't have as many rounds in the firearm (which is an issue if you are not accurate with your shots). I think you can go with smaller calibers, depending on the type of ammunition that is used.

My wife has a Ruger LCR .357 Magnum and I have a Glock 33 .357 Sig. After shooting different types of pistols, we both like this caliber. Good Luck, Mike

it's good to see the 357 down where it belongs. :-) the great majority of the time, even a "mere" .22lr suffices, if you are doing things correctly, because 80+% of the time, you don't have to hit anyone with a bullet, or don't have to hit them hard in the vitals, to make them stop. The mere sight of your gun pointed at them suffices. everyone knows that you DIE of a bullet in your torso, without modern medical care,and the hospitals, must, by law, report gunshot wounds. so being shot= prison or death.

Blog Entries
    I tried to do a lot of research when I decided to get my concealed weapon permit. I found out that the military had already done the research when they decided on th 45ACP in the early 1900s. I had already decided on a Glock to be my carry weapon because of the reliability and ease of safely carrying it. Due to an injury I had suffered some years earlier, carry weight was very important. If you carry an auto pistol it is imperitive that you carry at least 1 extra magizine. So I decided on a Glock-27, 40s&w, which comes with two 9 round mags, giving me 10 rounds in the weapon. I also bought a Glock-22, also 40s&w, which came with
    two 13 round mags. One of those magazines would be my spare magazine because it's size would be hidden away in my pocket. Over a period of time I've bought several high capacity magazines,so by now I have several. Although many people say you should load your magazines down 1 or 2 rounds, I keep the ones I carry fully loaded. I keep 2 or 3 spare magazine springs handy, but so far I have
    not had to replace any. I do rotate the mags I carry on a regular basis, and I also test them at the range regularly.
    I am not advising anyone to keep their mags fully loaded if they don't want to. I am just telling you what has worked for me. I give all the credit to Glock for the long life of my springs.
    Last edited by GunnyGene; 10-07-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: sentance repeated

9. .357sig here..if not that .40S&W

Blog Entries
    Looks like the 9's are out front.

WAY out in front. no, the military hasnt done any research that proved anything about the .45, either. The Thompson-LaGuarde "tests" were a joke, and Laguarde, in his later book, LIED about the tests (a LOT). General Hatcher was just guessing, using LaGuarde's bs and Cooper did nothing further, either. A GOOD 9mm load, like the CorBon 100 gr, is MUCH better than .45 ball. the 230 gr .45 jhp's dont expand in flesh, at 850 fps. That's why 200, 185, and 165 gr .45 jhp's EXIST, actually. SOME people recognize the facts of life, others just want to listen to bs stories.

Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast