What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber? - Page 46

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Voters
1818. You may not vote on this poll

19 1.05%

18 0.99%

56 3.08%
  • .38 Special

98 5.39%

240 13.20%
  • .40 S&W

446 24.53%
  • .41 Magnum

2 0.11%
  • .45 ACP

423 23.27%
  • 9mm

727 39.99%
  • 10mm

16 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

In my humble opinion the caliber to carry is the one that you can accurately shoot in the handgun that is comfortably carry and will carry. If you try to fire a cartridge that jerks too much (you are too far off target to get a quick 2nd shot) in a handgun that is too heavy you are in a self defeating prophecy. You will not carry it and therefore you will not be in a position to protect yourself and your family. Just my two cents worth.
    Pat Olvey, Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    email [email protected]

9 is fine.. Hornady Critical Defense.

4. I carry a Bersa .32 acp and find it the perfect gun. With low recoil follow up shots are easy and loaded with FMJ they will do the job well.
    This country needs to get more into the .32 acp, for many years it was number one in Europe and was also used by police and Army.
    We have fallen in love with larger calibers, by overlooking the .32 acp we are making a big mistake. If more people were to shoot the .32 they would find it an excellent caliber. Re-think on the .22lr and .22 magnum also, they will defend you at close range too. Stop over-looking these calibers.

What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    Who said that a 9mm is not a good self defense calaber?..........
    My CCW instructor is a consultant to the state police crime lab and runs a lot of their ballistics. He is a former Navy Seal and trains many of the local police forces on handgun use. He is 100% against 9 mm, because it won't penetrate car fenders. A local person was killed later in the day after a police shoot out with the BG didn't stop him. He got away to later commit that murder. The investigation showed that had their ammo been able to penetrate the fender of the auto the BG was behind, the BG would have been stopped. The police locally now use .45 ACP.

My instructor personally uses a PD351 .22 mag revolver and swears by it. He has about every caliber weapon, but prefers the .22 mag for CCW self defense. I am not sure I agree with that as a choice for CCW.

That is at least one person and an entire state police force with an argument against 9 mm and no one can fault his credentials.

6. Well that makes since because LE is going back to 9mm and the military is going back to .45 ACP. By "makes sense" I mean it makes no sense at all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

7. Love my 380

Blog Entries
    Donald,
    I agree, used it for years in the Military. Do you have a smaller version than the normal issue?

9. I picked the 9 simply for availability. Used world-wide, I believe it is less likely to become unavailable than .45 if US politicians get even less sensible.

I love my Walther PK380 loaded with Speer Gold Dot Ammo. I have every other weapon stated on this forum and I still carry my Walther .380.
    Bill

11. I carry my g23 or my .380 hellcat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using USA Carry mobile app

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast