What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber? - Page 49

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Voters
1822. You may not vote on this poll

19 1.04%

18 0.99%

56 3.07%
  • .38 Special

98 5.38%

240 13.17%
  • .40 S&W

446 24.48%
  • .41 Magnum

2 0.11%
  • .45 ACP

425 23.33%
  • 9mm

729 40.01%
  • 10mm

16 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

I generally carry a 45 but also have a commander in 38 Super that gets some travel time.

John

another option

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Don't know if anyone has seen this or shot it yet, but I think this might be my nest purchase.
    SIG SAUER
    The pistol disassembles in just a few seconds into its constituent parts, and the entire metal chassis of the gun — the serialized part that is technically the “firearm” in the eyes of the ATF — slides completely free of the frame. You can have an arsenal of different options from 9mm / .357SIG / .40S&W (.45 Coming Soon), and you can change barrel length and frame size to go from sub-compact, compact and full size. All pretty cool, if you only consider it as one gun that's just adaptable to whatever your current carry needs or ammo availability are; but the thing I like is the money you can save on q-tips trying to clean gun that don's come apart like this.
    I own several Glock pistols, Versions 1, 2 and 3. I have found out that Wolf makes after market barrels for the Glock pistols. If you own a version prior to the 4the generation in 40 cal, you can buy barrels for the 357 sig and the 9mm that will fit into your compatct 40 cal glock 23 or your 40 cal glock 27.

I have found this to be enjoyable to fire my 40 cal 23 using my 9mm barrel (of course you have to use a 9mm magazine with the 9mm barrel, and use the 40 cal magazine with your 357 sig barrel)

You can save money by using the 9mm change in your 40 cal Glock.

Just some a simple method to save on range cost.

thanks

pat
    Pat Olvey, Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    email [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post
    I own several Glock pistols, Versions 1, 2 and 3. I have found out that Wolf makes after market barrels for the Glock pistols. If you own a version prior to the 4the generation in 40 cal, you can buy barrels for the 357 sig and the 9mm that will fit into your compatct 40 cal glock 23 or your 40 cal glock 27.

I have found this to be enjoyable to fire my 40 cal 23 using my 9mm barrel (of course you have to use a 9mm magazine with the 9mm barrel, and use the 40 cal magazine with your 357 sig barrel)

You can save money by using the 9mm change in your 40 cal Glock.

Just some a simple method to save on range cost.

thanks

pat
    If you didn't check out the P320 pics, the best part (since I couldn't afford multiple barrels or frames anyway) is the ability to clean it thoroughly. I know for a fact that no matter how much I clean my pistols, without submerging them in a solvent there are places I can't clean well without complete disassembly. It looks like you could not only get to everything better, but you could actually drop the whole assembly in a mild solvent if needed and not worry about damaging you frame, the bluing on your barrel or slide, etc. you could definitely use a can of spray solvent with a nozzle to get every nook and cranny. I like the assurance that a potential malfunction from lack of thorough cleaning would be greatly reduced too.
    -
    Upgrading the trigger (if needed) would be a snap too.
    Chief

5. I carry a condition 2 Ruger SR22 every day as my ccw. I can put 148 out of 150 rounds in a 6" circle at 50'. I prefer accuracy over firepower. Anyone who say a .22 "is to small or has no stopping power" can volunteer as a test subject and we can answer this age old question. A liability waiver will need to be signed! I once heard "stopping power" is when you start shooting someone with any size bullet, they will STOP what they're doing. For anyone who's ever been shot at, did you ever stop and think about what caliber firearm was shooting at you while rounds are flying towards you? I feel that unloading 11 .22 rounds center mass is enough to stop anyone. .

6. Very good MHas I see another person who realizes that small calibers can be very lethal if needed. I carry .32 acp and find it to be accurate and easy to get shots off also. People should not overlook .22lr, .22mag, and .32 acp as carry guns, or also as home defense. Bravo Bravo!

What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

.357 Magnum for me with occasional .38 Special in the same gun, a Ruger SP101 .357.

8. I guess if I only had one bullet, I'd want a big one. Since I have 10+1 on my 4 o'clock and 2 full spare mags on my 8 o'clock, I think .22 cal. rounds will be. I only carry 2 spare mags when I'm out with my daughter and my duty to retreat is made impossible because of a baby stroller or carrying a 2 year old. I like to know I have the ability to lay down suppressive fire and get my daughter to safety. If I'm alone or out with the wife I just carry 10+1 no extra mags. My wife always carries my S&W M&P 9MM in her zebra print holster purse. For her I prefer her to have a larger caliber. She may only get one shot. I can't picture her unloading the full mag. If she ever had to use her sidearm I know she'd freeze after the first shot. It's a good thing she always hits the bull first shot. After that she thinks the recoil is effecting her aim even though she's taking 3-5 seconds between shots.

9. MHas have her try a .380 with good defensive ammo like Corbon Pwrball. Less recoil and low muzzle blast. The Beretta PICO is out now, that is a .380 which you can also buy a .32 acp barrel for. Another gun she might like is a Ruger LCR in .22 Mag which will get people off you. The more she feels comfortable with a gun and is not bothered by the recoil the better she will shoot. I bet if you let her train with your .22 that she will shoot as good as you before long.

10. she loves shooting my .22 but her brother is in the army and has her convinced she needs large caliber rounds. she originally wanted a .40 cal but i talked her into settling for the 9mm. she's stubborn. she wouldn't even let me buy her the s&w m&p shield, she had to have the full size. i was thinking about getting myself s&w bodyguard but after firing it and seeing how shitty the accuracy was even at 7yrds not sure if i want my life depending on it. im not really a fan of the 6+1 either. it just feels so nice to hold and i'm a really big fan of the built in laser.

Quote Originally Posted by MHas View Post
    she loves shooting my .22 but her brother is in the army and has her convinced she needs large caliber rounds. she originally wanted a .40 cal but i talked her into settling for the 9mm. she's stubborn. she wouldn't even let me buy her the s&w m&p shield, she had to have the full size. i was thinking about getting myself s&w bodyguard but after firing it and seeing how shitty the accuracy was even at 7yrds not sure if i want my life depending on it. im not really a fan of the 6+1 either. it just feels so nice to hold and i'm a really big fan of the built in laser.
    What you need to think about is that most times, a larger gun of the same caliber will actually have less recoil than a smaller one. A .380 pocket pistol (I carry one as a back-up) is at best "snappy". A 9mm subcompact (my LC9 for example) has more felt recoil than my full size 9mm. It's just physics. Less felt recoil will help a novice shooter in many ways.
    Chief

Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast