What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber? - Page 5

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Voters
1821. You may not vote on this poll

19 1.04%

18 0.99%

56 3.08%
  • .38 Special

98 5.38%

240 13.18%
  • .40 S&W

446 24.49%
  • .41 Magnum

2 0.11%
  • .45 ACP

424 23.28%
  • 9mm

729 40.03%
  • 10mm

16 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

I carry a Ruger 357 snubbie, my wife a S&W 357 snubbie. If I'm just going to be local, I'll tuck my Beretta Tomcat in a pocket. Carry the heavier artillery in the car traveling. (We drag our camper around a lot.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

favorite carry caliber

I actually shoot the 45ACP the best and the 40 S&W second but I'm being truthful here when I say the airweight 38 special usually rides on my hip.
    When asked in classes I teach what is the best concealed carry weapon I always tell them the 44 magnum but of course very few folks would actually carry such a weapon. So, my response is always whatever weapon a CCW holder will grab EVERYTIME when they leave home!
    The biggest cannon in the world won't do much good leaning against the wall at home but whatever weapon you chose to carry is many times better than an empty holster!

4. I carry Glock 22 and Glock 27 40 cal, sometimes with a seacamp 32 ACP as a back up.

Question Flawed

The question should have taken into consideration who carries a handgun all of the time instead of what is your favorite caliber.

All of the people I know who carry all the time carry either a 32 or 380 in a pokcet holster and a 38 smith revolver.

The calibers mentioned in this forum are too large for everday 16 hour carry.

Just my 2 cents

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]

.40 is my winter carry because I can cover it with my coat. Summer is 380.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

7. Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post
    The question should have taken into consideration who carries a handgun all of the time instead of what is your favorite caliber.

All of the people I know who carry all the time carry either a 32 or 380 in a pokcet holster and a 38 smith revolver.

Just my 2 cents

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]
    wish I can carry my old pocket Seacamp 32 or Walthers PPK 380 but our CCW permit only allows us to carry 9mm or larger. So it is the Glock 27 for me and it does get heavy after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post

Just my 2 cents

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]
    Pat, I'll have to respectfully disagree with your above generalization. I carry my single stack .45 (with two spare mags) from 7 am to 11 pm, seven days a week. It's neither too large nor too heavy.

Just my 2 cents.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

handgun calibers

Thanks for your additional lnformation, I had no idea that there was a state with the restrictiions on calibers.

Please tell me what state you live in and what you do for a living,

thanks

pat olvey
    email [email protected]

10. California, Santa Clara County

11. I agree with RedHat and MapPow, can't go wrong with the 45 ACP. I love carring the ruger 45 P90. When I purchased this weapon my biggest concern was safety first! This weapon gives me the peace of mind of going from an "at ease" status to "ready fire" with the slip of my thumb.
    Now, that we have been given the responsibility of defending our families and homes. We all have a responsibility to keep everyone else around us safe and do everything in our power to make sure that there are absolutely no fatal accidents.

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast