What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber? - Page 6

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Voters
1822. You may not vote on this poll

19 1.04%

18 0.99%

56 3.07%
  • .38 Special

98 5.38%

240 13.17%
  • .40 S&W

446 24.48%
  • .41 Magnum

2 0.11%
  • .45 ACP

425 23.33%
  • 9mm

729 40.01%
  • 10mm

16 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

JSDinTexas Guest

G23 and G30sf

Glad to see the .40 S&W holding up as that is my #1, but I have lately been really torn between the .40 with 13+1 and .45 with 10+1

glock for me

Thanks for the insight.

I was under the impression that California had tightened up on the ccw permits.

Best of luck to you.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]

stopping power

My April May 2011 issue of guns and ammo came today.

I found what is probably the best article on Stopping Power written by Dave Spauling.

The top stopping power choices begin with a 38 special and goes up to the 45acp.

The closing remark in the article is "The secret to handgun stopping power remains where you shoot your oponent and how many times you shoot them."

The article is good reading and promotes the fact that in order for shots to take effect they must strike a vital body location.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]
    or
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post
    The closing remark in the article is "The secret to handgun stopping power remains where you shoot your oponent and how many times you shoot them."

The article is good reading and promotes the fact that in order for shots to take effect they must strike a vital body location.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]
    or
    [email protected]
    A hit with a .22 is a lot better than a miss with a hand grenade.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    A hit with a .22 is a lot better than a miss with a hand grenade.
    There is an old saying that says that isn't quite true. " Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades." A miss with a GBU-43/B MOAB of its AP will still ruin your day if you are exposed and on the receiving end.

But yeah, the idea is right. A good shot can kill while a miss with a larger caliber is just a wasted shot. Gun control is placing your shots on target, not denying me my rights.

Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post
    The question should have taken into consideration who carries a handgun all of the time instead of what is your favorite caliber.

All of the people I know who carry all the time carry either a 32 or 380 in a pokcet holster and a 38 smith revolver.

The calibers mentioned in this forum are too large for everday 16 hour carry.

Just my 2 cents

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]
    Finally my choice of EDC has been vindicated! I have several CC type handguns, both pistols and revolvers, in .22LR, .25 acp. 9mm, 38Spl, ,357, & .45acp. But my EDC is my little .380 Taurus PT738/TCP. I carry my TCP 24/7.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Mostly carry a .45. Never anything smaller than a .40 cal.

I voted for the .357. I carried two K-frame .357 Magnums on me for a while until I switched to the .45 ACP Glock 21SF. However, if another 10 round magazine ban ever goes into effect, I will be back to the K-frames before the ink on the law dries. As to alternative rounds, my primary home defense pistol is a Beretta 8357 in .357 Sig.

Taurus .357

I also vote for the .357, mine's a Taurus 617, which is a 7 shot revolver. As a backpacker and camper, I like having a firearm usable against bears if necessary, and we also have some problems with rabid animals, esp. foxes, raccoons, and possums. Of course, standard carry for general protection against two-legged predators is also a safety factor. Also carry two speed loaders, in an unsuspecting looking fanny pack holster.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    Glad to see the .40 S&W holding up as that is my #1, but I have lately been really torn between the .40 with 13+1 and .45 with 10+1
    Don't be torn get both, G-27 and G-36 here, very close in size and can use the same holster

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast