What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber? - Page 9

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Voters
1818. You may not vote on this poll

19 1.05%

18 0.99%

56 3.08%
  • .38 Special

98 5.39%

240 13.20%
  • .40 S&W

446 24.53%
  • .41 Magnum

2 0.11%
  • .45 ACP

423 23.27%
  • 9mm

727 39.99%
  • 10mm

16 0.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Quote Originally Posted by winnre View Post
    Falcon, How often do you find you have to unload your magazines and let the springs relax to stay happy?
    I've had the gun for a little over a year now and other than unloading during practice I've kept both mags loaded most of the time. Hasn't caused me any issues yet. If anyone here thinks I should unload them to give them a break for a bit I'll listen to that (well aware I still have a lot to learn).

I keep it loaded for home defense (only handgun right now) so one mag will always be loaded up and ready to go but I can let the spare rest. I doubt I'll need all 34 rounds for home defense or anything else for that matter.

Good Morning and some thoughts.

An item I have saved from several years ago came from Defensive Tactics: a long overdue critical review (I like to give credit when credit is due and hate to reinvent the wheel)

Your plan in case of an emergency has to be simple, flexible, works no matter what the circumstances are (weather-warm-cold-wet-dry), it has to be quick and easy to apply.

Author Patrick Sweeney in the March 2001 issue of Guns and Ammo states, you will pay for your big bore, the first price you'll pay is in size. Big bores mean big guns. You will pay even more with recoil. Face it; you are not going to launch a big, heavy bullet at high velocities without taking the recoil hit.

I think the bottom line to all of this is a firearm that a permit holder will carry comfortably, not too heavy and not too large, light enough as not to be a drag, caliber large enough to stop an aggressor, and simple enough to operate under stress. As an example you have been attacked and you are on the ground, you draw your firearm and take the next step in your plan.

I think the answer is the J Frame Smith and Wesson, my favorite is the model 642.
    You cannot suffer from the old limp wrist problem if you are going to use a revolver. Just point and click, just like your computer mouse.

Your thoughts?

Pat Olvey
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Email [email protected]

'

Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post
    I think the answer is the J Frame Smith and Wesson, my favorite is the model 642.
    You cannot suffer from the old limp wrist problem if you are going to use a revolver. Just point and click, just like your computer mouse.

Your thoughts?

Pat Olvey
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Email [email protected]
    '
    Not a bad choice at all... but I'm biased, I like my Taurus 617, which I think simply takes the best of the 642, and adds the options of single or double action, and being a .357, keeps the .38 special option. I also like the simplicity of revolvers, and the 7 round cylinder of the Taurus overcomes some of the capacity difference vs semi-automatics.

I like the analogy to the point and click of the computer mouse too!

reply to coachdb13

Thanks for your response, I only like the S&W 642 because of its weight and the fact that it has a concealed hammer.

Your revolver is good for me also.

thanks

Pat Olvey
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    email [email protected]

6. I think the 45 spc is also know as the .45 gap

I've carried a 45 for over 50 yrs but I'm learning to carry a little 38 snubbie.
    Peaceful- 45ACP "When you want to send the very best"

8. I carry an H&K USP compact 9mm. For ccw its the best caliber simply because you get a high capacity for rounds, very accurate, easy to handle for smaller or less experienced shooters, while still providing PLENTY of stopping power.

Always remember: Anything worth shooting, is worth shooting twice.

9x19 Parabellum - 9MM

Great prices on rounds for the range, & a very decent round for SD. Oh, & (generally) more rounds in the mag.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Right at the moment, my 9mm Glock 26 is all I have available for carry, will be adding an LCR 357 and a Taurus Millenium Pro .45 to my arsenal verrry soon!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    .40, .40, .40 and an LCP if I am forced to spray on my clothing that day...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast