Who Knows you carry, and another ?? WWYD - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Knows you carry, and another ?? WWYD

1. Quote Originally Posted by Crazy bird View Post
    For me know one knows not even my Wife and thats the way I like it . That being said there is one thing I just don't get ? With no disrespect @ all but this web site sells t-shirts and pens etc. way would anyone ware that and preject that info ?
    What kind of holster do you use? For your wife to not know is pretty incredible, IMO.

As far as people knowing about me being CCW, several close friends, my wife, and that's it. If anyone ever told me I couldn't carry in their home I'd respect their decision and not enter their home.

I can't say for sure, but would gather that people (non-police) would ask if you're carrying a gun for 3 reasons.

1. Curiousity/Friendly conversation
    2. To start a debate
    3. Because you are both in a crap situation and want to know what their chances are of getting out.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

My wife knows that I have the permit, I do not specifically tell her when I am or am not carrying, If I'm going to a family member's house, I generally leave it home if I'm only driving there and back, if I had other stops I may just leave it in the car when I get there DADT (but they may object and no sense in making it a big deal). That was the old plan the new one, I'll carry it to and from and just leave it in the car :-) I like the idea of "always" having it.

As far as who else knows...My parents (not the in laws) I've requested my wife tell NO ONE else in the extended family, we'll see how long that lasts.

And a few close friends that I know carry as well. Otherwise it's generally no one else's concern or business as far as I see it.

Parents, owner/GM/workers at the mower shop, gun shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy bird View Post
    For me know one knows not even my Wife and thats the way I like it . That being said there is one thing I just don't get ? With no disrespect @ all but this web site sells t-shirts and pens etc. way would anyone ware that and preject that info ?
    Plus one on the
    What kind of holster do you use
    question.

I live in a state that borders Arkansas, and visit friends that reside there. To be strictly within the law (which I strive very hard to be), one must inform the occupant of a private dwelling that one is carrying a concealed sidearm upon entering said household. I don't know of many States that have this in their statutes. I seem to recall from the CCW instructor that if the permit holder tells someone that they are licensed, it is illegal for that person to repeat that information.

Lastly, would someone give Crazy Bird some spelling and grammar lessons?

6. My parents are still anti-gun, but through my own philosophy and introducing them to the sheepdog concept, they've gone from being completely anti-gun, to a stance that they just choose not to own one. I myself have carried both in and out of the house with them, I've taught my younger brothers and sisters about gun safety, and overall they don't have a problem with it.

7. I'm new to this site,but it seem like me carrying is supposed to be top secret.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jarheadcool View Post
    I'm new to this site,but it seem like me carrying is supposed to be top secret.
    You just picked an odd thread. Not to say that u should advertise it but no. Not top secret lol
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

the boss(wife) and a couple of friends know. a deacon at church asked me once if i had a permit but did not ask me if i had the gun on me. the church has no policy on guns. and i do not think they are opposed to guns. i keep my gun well concealed and do not advertise i carry. i carry as much as possible with the idea that the one time i dont have it is when i will need it. in my opinion it being a secret gives me an advantage should a situation arise. dont ask dont tell

CCing is not something I advertise. I carry every day, every where I go (allowed by law) although I must store my firearm in my vehicle while at work. My family knows I have my CCDW but dont know if I am physically carrying or not. You wouldnt announce to someone that you where carrying a pocket knife would you? Whats the differance?

A couple years ago I told a close friend I carried. The next week in church we were talking and he turn to a third party and said " I bet Treo's carrying a gun right now"

If one person knows everyone knows
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast