What is the most popular Concealed Carry Holster? - Page 40

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Concealed Carry Holster?

Voters
805. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bianchi 5

5 0.62%
  • Bianchi 7

2 0.25%
  • Blackhawk CQC IWB

7 0.87%
  • Blackhawk Serpa

26 3.23%
  • Blackhawk Serpa II OWB

18 2.24%
  • Blackhawk Serpa with paddle

27 3.35%
  • Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealed

13 1.61%
  • Comp-Tac Belt Holster

1 0.12%
  • Comp-Tac CTAC Holster

6 0.75%
  • Comp-Tac Infidel

5 0.62%
  • Comp-Tac Minotaur Gladiator

3 0.37%
  • Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC

38 4.72%
  • Comp-Tac Minotaur Spartan

2 0.25%
  • Comp-Tac Paddle

1 0.12%
  • Concealed Comfort Cell Pal

3 0.37%
  • Crossbreed MicroClip

3 0.37%
  • Crossbreed MuniTuck

41 5.09%
  • Crossbreed QwikClip

6 0.75%
  • Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

312 38.76%
  • Custom Kydex

22 2.73%
  • Custom Leather

26 3.23%
  • Desantis Inner Piece IWB

14 1.74%
  • DeSantis Nemesis

33 4.10%
  • Desantis pancake with thumb break

11 1.37%
  • Don Hume

19 2.36%
  • FIST #20 ADJUSTABLE IWB

3 0.37%
  • Fobus HK-1-LH

2 0.25%
  • Fobus standard paddle

23 2.86%
  • Galco CCP

1 0.12%
  • Galco Front Pocket Horsehide

1 0.12%
  • Galco Kingtuck IWB Holster

28 3.48%
  • Galco Miami Classic Shoulder holster system

12 1.49%
  • Galco MOB Middle of Back Holster

3 0.37%
  • Galco N3 IWB Holster

5 0.62%
  • Galco Pocket Protector Holster

5 0.62%
  • Galco Push Up Inside The Pant Holster

0 0%
  • Galco Royal Guard Inside The Pant Holster

5 0.62%
  • Galco SC2 Inside Pant Holster

3 0.37%
  • Galco Scout Clip On Inside Pant Holster

1 0.12%
  • Galco Skyops Holster

5 0.62%
  • Galco Stow-N-Go Inside The Pant Holster

11 1.37%
  • Galco Summer Comfort Inside Pant holster

11 1.37%
  • Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster

2 0.25%
  • Galco Tuck-N-Go Inside The Pant Holster

6 0.75%
  • Galco UDC Ultra Deep Cover Holster

4 0.50%
  • Galco USA Ultimate Second Amendment

1 0.12%
  • Galco V-HAWK IWB Holster

1 0.12%
  • Galco Waistband Inside The Pant

8 0.99%
  • Galco Walkabout Inside The Pant

1 0.12%
  • JSHolsters JS IWB

2 0.25%
  • Kholster

39 4.84%
  • Kirkpatrick

4 0.50%
  • Kramer Leather IWB

9 1.12%
  • Milt Sparks VM-2

22 2.73%
  • Mitch Rosen rig

16 1.99%
  • N8squared Tactical

40 4.97%
  • Pure Kustom Holsters Black Ops Pro

3 0.37%
  • Raven Concealment

9 1.12%
  • Ross Leather Pocket Holster

2 0.25%
  • S&W Fanny Pack

4 0.50%
  • Smart Carry

23 2.86%
  • Thunderwear

5 0.62%
  • Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage

6 0.75%
  • AceCase tuckable

2 0.25%
  • Simply Rugged

7 0.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most popular Concealed Carry Holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott Foss View Post
    Be careful. If you fall down on your back it could be crippling!
    Old wives tale. First of all, nobody's talking about carrying right on the spine at 6 o'clock. Beside making your gun rather inaccessible at that location, it's downright uncomfortable to carry there. I learned that the hard way, and I learned it very quickly. But for the sake of argument, and based on general principle alone, you can severely injure yourself by falling on a holstered gun at almost any position on the body. Try carrying at 3 o'clock, falling on your gun and see how your hip feels. The small of the back area you're speaking of, again based on general principle because we aren't talking about carrying there, starts in the lower lumbar area at about L3, descends down to L5, and possibly extends down to the sacrum if you have a really long barreled gun. The nerves in the lower lumbar and sacral sections of your spinal cord don't come out of the spine in major branches like in the upper portions of the spine. They're more like bunches of tiny wires than large cables, so it's much harder to cause severe and permanent damage to them. Also, the damage caused by severing one is severely limited because each of the little wires controls a relatively limited portion of your body, much more limited in comparison to those you can damage in the higher levels of the spine where people are often paralyzed by major injuries. If you theoretically managed to completely sever your spine at L3, you'd see at worst paralysis from about the knee down.

But the odds of actually severing your spine at L3 by falling on your gun are pretty much impossible, so we'd have to consider only injuries on a lesser scale, and what effect such injuries would cause. But let's take the discussion a bit further for the sake of argument and general principle again, just for the fun of it. What if you fell on the gun you were carrying over your spine and it didn't sever your spine, but it did injure it from the impact force. Let's take a look. If there was injury to the spinal cord itself, it would likely be to a posterior or dorsal (rear) horn.

Posterior and dorsal horns transmit superficial sensations (touch, heat, etc.), deep sensations (pressure, vibrations, balance, etc.), and visceral sensibility. The anterior or ventral (front) horns transmit voluntary motor impulses to the striated muscles and autonomic impulses to the non-striated muscles. In effect, this means if you severed nerves from a posterior/dorsal horn, you'd lose feeling in the affected area, but you'd still be able to move as you did before the injury and bodily functions would be preserved. I mention bodily functions because the nerves in that area of the spine control your lower digestive functions and sexual organs. Also, you'd have to damage both sides to affect both legs. Either way you wouldn't be crippled, though I don't think anyone would consider that having a good day.
    But since we aren't talking about carrying your gun directly over your spine, none of this really matters anyway, does it?
    Yeah, I know I got carried away. Sorry. I'm still stuck in my house all day every day and it's sometimes fun to find new topics to divert me away from the usual tedium of the day. If you aren't familiar with me, I'm stuck here because I broke my back last year. L4 to be exact. No, I'm not crippled. And no, I didn't fall on my gun.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

And since I mentioned it, I had the rare chance to experience what it's like to lose feeling in part of my body while still being able to move it, back in 1996 during one of my knee surgeries. They used a spinal block on me to numb my lower extremities for the surgery, and in the recovery room they wanted me to move my good leg even though I couldn't feel a thing from the waist down. It's one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced to have my leg move, seemingly by itself, when I couldn't feel it at all. There's no way to adequately describe how strange that felt. There was one upside to that numbing experience though.
    You know how everything feels all swollen when it's numbed up? Like how your cheek can feel like it's four times bigger when you touch it at the dentist after it gets numbed up? That day I couldn't feel anything from the waist down they said I couldn't go home until I passed urine. So I had to move my half numbed body to the bathroom to pee. I swung my leg that felt like a tree trunk over the side of the bed and slid my butt that felt three feet wide to the edge of the bed so I could lift myself up on crutches. Once in the bathroom I moved the gown aside to reach down for something else I couldn't feel. But when I found it, ....... Yeah, BABY!!!!!! This was a MONSTER!!! YEAH!!!!!
    Too bad it wasn't real.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

Rhino: Sorry to hear you are continuing to have problems with your back. I can empathize with you and am now getting ready to have another back surgery and hip replacement. Walking has become nearly impossible and standing long enough to shave nearly brings tears to my eyes. Tried shaving while sitting but that isn't much better. The only consolation I have is, by hurting, I know I'm still alive. Getting to the point I'm not sure it is worth it tho'. No one published a manual telling what getting old would be like!

I didn't vote because I didn't see my favorite (Yaqui Slide) on the list.

What is the most popular Concealed Carry Holster?-opplanet-browning-1911-22-conceal-holster-12903022.jpg
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Rhino: Sorry to hear you are continuing to have problems with your back. I can empathize with you and am now getting ready to have another back surgery and hip replacement. Walking has become nearly impossible and standing long enough to shave nearly brings tears to my eyes. Tried shaving while sitting but that isn't much better. The only consolation I have is, by hurting, I know I'm still alive. Getting to the point I'm not sure it is worth it tho'. No one published a manual telling what getting old would be like!
    I feel for you, brother. All my best to you. You're in my prayers.

What is the most popular Concealed Carry Holster?-3speed-4-6-2014.jpgWhat is the most popular Concealed Carry Holster?-glock-3speed.jpg
    My Favorite Carry (One for my Ruger SR40C & One for my Glack G19) 3Speed holster

8. Ringo I tryed the slide. It seemed to fall apart every time I put the gun in. it tore up the inside something terrible and the glue were it was sealed came undone easily. I don't know if it was the brand, I got it at gandermountain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by arikk View Post
    Ringo I tryed the slide. It seemed to fall apart every time I put the gun in. it tore up the inside something terrible and the glue were it was sealed came undone easily. I don't know if it was the brand, I got it at gandermountain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app
    Strange. I have both nylon & leather, no glue, only stitching. I've had them for many years and never any problem.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

My holster supplier wasn't included on the list, but they are the Holster Store in Florida. They make their holsters there of US Materials. They are very competitive, and here's an example:

Compare this to the Crossbreed
    Pro Carry Hybrid Holster

For me , I have been using Remora clips IWB for years. There comfortable and stay in place.

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast