NEW YORK BILL might be ammended - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK BILL might be ammended

Quote Originally Posted by homebuilt View Post
    i didn't read anything about changing the way's that NYC controls things. i believe this has to do with the "restrictions" that they are putting on licenses for the rest of NY state. gotta remember there's alot more to NY state than that damn city.
    The State Senator who introduced the bill represents the 31st district in NYC (Manhattan) and since NYC laws are New York State Penal Law, they can be affected on laws enacted up in Albany. Is he trying to make NY a shall issue, since he represents NYC? Now the problem is that NYC Senators probably introduces 90% of the anti-gun laws, except for this guy, weird!

3. Quote Originally Posted by homebuilt View Post
    i didn't read anything about changing the way's that NYC controls things. i believe this has to do with the "restrictions" that they are putting on licenses for the rest of NY state. gotta remember there's alot more to NY state than that damn city.
    Yeah, tell that to Bloomberg and the NYC Democrats that try to run the rest of the state!
    Seriously though, with out uniform state laws regarding concealed carry and a NYS Pre-emption Law, NYC can do whatever it wants, to a point, that is.
    Stay safe - DW
    NRA Endowment Member
    Retired Fed

4. any update's on this?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The legislative summary states:

Establishes a license for a pistol or revolver shall be issued to have and carry concealed, without regard to employment or place of employment and without judicial discretion on whether proper cause exists for the issuance thereof;

requires the police authority in the locality where an application is made for a license to carry, possess, repair and dispose of firearms to conduct a search of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
    You should be working for the state. I read the OP several times and scratched my head. You summarized it in two sentences.

And here's the kicker... I teach the penal law.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

6. any updates!!!!

Add Title

7. Any updates on this?!?!?!

I welcome such a change, but I don't believe that it will come to pass for at least 10 years.

Funny... My license covers me when I visit the city (Boston) and that cesspool of liberalism is responsible for most of the BS gun laws we have here... A rouge tidal wave or perhaps a tsunami would be the only way to have effective change in NYC...

Keep holding your breath as long as Blooming idiot, Schumbag, and McCrapy are in charge...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

10. I live in NY and agree we need to be a "MUST ISSUE" state. Im hoping it passes all the way into law. Im calling the 25th district rep tomo and telling her to support this. Its the first step to allowing NY in accepting other states licenses.

11. still nothing

It's funny. I do a google search about the NYS cc laws and their restrictions and don't see a thing about the lawsuit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast