Received personal letter from Judge today requesting all police reports - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Received personal letter from Judge today requesting all police reports

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    All judges in New York State want to be a part of your past & future. This will be another form of challenge they wish to use as a deterent(In their minds) to either slow down or halt the process while people are being assaulted throughout this Liberal mess we call a state. I would have left this state 2 years ago but the wife would get 1/2 of everything I've earned over my lifetime. I'm Stuck on Stupid! Good luck with your goal!
    Yes, we Southrons know that New York changed from a Middle Atlantic State to a Yankee dominated state somewhere between 1865 and 1920, the exact year can't be determined as far as I know.

This is why your CWP's are hard to get these days, still, I think New York is salvageable if, and only if, you take back your state from the Yankee puritan influence that moved in from Connecticut and Massachusetts over the years I listed above. Oh, and rid yourselves of the similar influence of Eastern Europeans too.

I know this is politics, but let's face it, restrictions upon our intrinsic right to be armed with any weapon are purely political.
    Pat
    Southern National Congress
    NRA life, GOA Life, SAF life

My younger Brother lived in Manlius, New York (I don't know the county) and managed to get a Concealed Carry Permit. I know very little of what he had to go through in the process but, he got even smarter and moved to New Mexico. I was much easier for him there. I live in Colorado and also have the permit but, we are a "SHALL ISSUE" state.
    As for pistol choices, forget the 9mm. IMHO it is a useless caliber. The only real pistol is the .45ACP. My personal CCW is Colt's Commander 80 Series which reminds me very much of the 1911A2 that I carried in the military years ago...42 of 50 in the "X-Ring" at 7 yards with the remaining 8 rounds in the 9 and 10 ring. BTW...Only 10 rounds per target so score keeping was easy...

Good luck Vette. The fact that the Judge was considering going thru this for you is a plus and it shows that he probably is fair. I had a Mary misdo a long time ago and haven't had a problem so far. I'm downstate near the Tappan Zee so I feel for you.
    Wear a Suit if you have one to the meeting. Showing respect gets respect.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ImpeachObama View Post
    Good luck Vette. The fact that the Judge was considering going thru this for you is a plus and it shows that he probably is fair. I had a Mary misdo a long time ago and haven't had a problem so far. I'm downstate near the Tappan Zee so I feel for you.
    Wear a Suit if you have one to the meeting. Showing respect gets respect.
    Right on, my plan all along

Thumbs up Meeting with the Judge tomorrow

I will know my fate tomorrow afternoon. I will post a YES or NO as to the CCW I'm trying to get. Hopefully all goes

Good luck!

Thumbs up Just got back from the meeting with Judge

The meeting went very well and it was a pleasure to speak with the Judge. He actually had the police reports next to him that he requested from me (think he just wanted to see if I would come through with the reports also). I gave him another letter along with all reports requested. The Judge did not mention one word pertaining to the pistol permit. I was asked about my education and what degrees I received and he wrote them down. I did receive a Masters Degree. He thanked me and told me I will receive a letter from him. I can't say if it will be a YES or NO. I hope so, but if he declines giving me the CCW, can I appeal the decision?

P.S the Judge actually got off his seat and reached over his desk to shake my hand, maybe it was the suit. Actually, its all about respect. I walked into his room respectful as can be, the Judge has earned it!!

Lightbulb Update

5 weeks and still waiting, hopefully this is + news. Been 3 months from the beginning of application. Only time will tell

Thumbs up Received today

Just opened my envelope from the Sheriff's office and I did receive my target shooting/hunting permit. Still waiting on the Judge's decision on my CCW. It's been 5 weeks since I personally spoke with him. Judge told me I will receive a personal letter from him stating my approval/denial on the CCW. Is it normal to get the target/hunting permit 1st and wait on the CCW?? Thanks

vettehigh, have you gotten your letter yet?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast