Virginia Beach Clerk fires a gun during a robbery attempt

Thread: Virginia Beach Clerk fires a gun during a robbery attempt

Virginia Beach Clerk fires a gun during a robbery attempt

Here's some news from Virginia Beach. I can't believe the police actually said this.

"We recommend to comply with their demands. They are usually there for cash or some kind of item and they leave very quickly," Barnes says, "We would recommend that you do not have a firearm on your property or have access to it because what if it went wrong? A customer could have been in the building and now an innocent person got shot, or worst-cast scenario, you get shot as a store clerk or owner."

Clerk fires a gun during a robbery attempt at a Virginia Beach convenience store - WTKR

I have to admit that when I heard them say he should have just complied with the robbers demands I was shocked. This place was robbed the week prior. Now maybe criminals will think twice before trying to rob the place again. I commend the clerk.

Follow up story

I like this follow up story a little better.

Attempted robber still on the loose | WAVY.com | Virginia Beach, Va.

I guess that officer doesn't get the news beyond his own cubicle.

A jewelry store worker was shot to death in a brazen midday robbery

Some scumbag is pointing a weapon at you in your store or place of employment. Now is not the time to be hoping he only wants to grab some cash and run.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I guess that officer doesn't get the news beyond his own cubicle.

A jewelry store worker was shot to death in a brazen midday robbery

Some scumbag is pointing a weapon at you in your store or place of employment. Now is not the time to be hoping he only wants to grab some cash and run.
    You never know when you'll need to use yours.

handgonnetoter Guest
    I can't believe some of the roll over and show your belly minded people out there! Maybe that cop felt that a legally armed person is stepping on his terf or something. Anyway, that was a stupid thing to say. If I'm going down, I'm going down swinging.

The real question is if that LEO would follow his own advice if he was in that situation? I think his actions would nullify his words.
    An armed society is a polite society.