Non Resident Concealed Weapons Permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non Resident Concealed Weapons Permit

Non Resident Concealed Weapons Permit

My father and I both are residents of ohio and have valid permits. We recently decided to look into non resident permits. I have been recommended Florida but he suggested PA because it is easier to obtain. I went to Florida two weeks ago and did not carry because I am not allowed to in GA. So I wanted to get a valid permit before I went on my next vac which will likely be Florida again.

I looked at the map and Florida opens more states but PA is easier to obtain I am told. Anybody have any advice?

SInce your OH permit will cover you in FL, I would recommend Arizona. It give almost identical reciprocity as FL at 1/2 the cost for initial permit and 1/3 the cost for renewals. Can also obtain it completely thru the mail. A copy of your OH permit will suffice for the training requirement.

Since you live in OH, it wouldnt hurt to get PA...it's only $25. Just keep in mind that after May 2011 you will have to visit PA to apply.

UT is also a popular option but you will need a UT specific training class.

AZ seems like a good option I am looking on the website but not figuring out how I go about getting the application packet.

Obtain a New Concealed Weapons Permit - Arizona Department of Public Safety

Contact Us

Call or email them. You'll have the packet in about 2 days...and then the permit in hand in about 2 weeks from time you drop it back in mail.

Florida's pretty straightforward and easy. They've got 'it' together, and have a streamlined method of checking you out and verifying if you're legal or not. Be safe!

Well I sent an e-mail to AZ and ordered a new Florida packet. Do these states give a license style permit or how does it work?

How do I do the finger prints for the non resident permits? Is it something I need to do at home or does it need to be done at a sheriffs station like my ohio one?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwilliam1 View Post
    Well I sent an e-mail to AZ and ordered a new Florida packet. Do these states give a license style permit or how does it work?

How do I do the finger prints for the non resident permits? Is it something I need to do at home or does it need to be done at a sheriffs station like my ohio one?
    both FL and AZ issue hard card style permits.

Fl requires LEO to print....AZ prints can be done by anybody.

Will my picture be on the card if so do I take it and submit it or is there special instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwilliam1 View Post
    Will my picture be on the card if so do I take it and submit it or is there special instructions.
    FL = Yes. You supply picture. Many local drug stores take them...passport photos.

AZ = No. No picture needed.

Thank you sir you have been a big help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast