Pocket Carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Pocket Carry

  1. Pocket Carry

    Hello all I am here to pick your brains on pocket carry. I'll spare you the whole story so; I'll get right to the dilemma. I have narrowed it down to 2 pistols. One being the Kahr PM9 and the Kel Tec P11. I am sold on the PM9 but money is an issue. I do hear a lot of good things about the Kel Tec and would be happy with it but the PM9 is smaller and it looks like a better built gun. Most of the time it'll be a backup but there will be times where it will be the main carry gun. I did find a real good price on the Kahr which made me consider it but still about $300 more than the Kel Tec. How are the triggers on each gun are they similar, better, worse? Is the Kel Tec reliable? Thanks

  2.   
  3. Consider NAA PUG

    As a BACKUP pocket-carry, consider a NAA Pug 22 MAGNUM, white dot or tritium sights, and 1" barrel. Great safety feature - cylinder rests between rounds. Solid grip. The simplicity and dependability of a revolver.
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.
    -William Burroughs

  4. #3

    Pf-9

    I am sitting inside Bass Pro Shop right now with my KT PF-9 PF-9 in a pocket holster. No problems. Sign out front
    said to disclose to greeter. All he asked if if I had a license.
    Shot 100 rounds thru it yesterday. No problems. Love it. Another good 100 rounds and it will my EDC.
    In any situation I can: Say nothing..which is cowardly, Lie..which is immoral or tell the truth..which will upset people.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    817
    i agree with midweast doc about the north american arms revolver. the only difference is the one i carry has a one and five eight inch barrel. either one is a well made and reliable firearm. that safety feature that midwest doc mentioned means you can carry a full load and not worry about the hammer hitting a live cartridge. they also have a lifetime warranty and are good regarding customer service. if youre interested just google north american arms. you will also find on there website several other guns that are not 22 caliber. whatever you decide on get a good pocket holster along with your gun. by the way i have pocket-carried for 10 years. good luck.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Mike508 View Post
    I am sitting inside Bass Pro Shop right now with my KT PF-9 PF-9 in a pocket holster. No problems. Sign out front
    said to disclose to greeter. All he asked if if I had a license.
    Shot 100 rounds thru it yesterday. No problems. Love it. Another good 100 rounds and it will my EDC.
    How are you carrying it in a jacket or pants? I want to be able to get it in pants pocket especially in the summer. That's why I am thinking the P11 it's a little smaller. The PM 9 would be ideal for what I want but, not wallet friendly.

  7. #6
    Kel-Tec makes a great firearm. I would not be afraid to carry one as a BUG. My G19 is always on my hip though.

  8. My backup is a Kel-Tec PF-9. It is in a pocket holster as I type. I am only 5'4" so a small gun is a must for me. I wanted more punch than a 380. I would also recommend a Crossbreed Mini Tuck Holster, awesome holster! FYI my main carry is a Glock 23 in a Crossbreed Super Deluxe Holster.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    How are you carrying it in a jacket or pants? I want to be able to get it in pants pocket especially in the summer. That's why I am thinking the P11 it's a little smaller. The PM 9 would be ideal for what I want but, not wallet friendly.
    I carry a PF-9 in my pants pocket. I tried a number of different in the pocket holsters and settled on the Desantis. The PF-9 fits easily into the front pocket and you'll forget it's there. I don't have any experience with the Kahr so I can't offer a comparison.
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

  10. #9
    Sorry. I carry it in my right front pocket in an Uncle Mike's RH pocket holster. Walked around the mall all day with no problems.
    In any situation I can: Say nothing..which is cowardly, Lie..which is immoral or tell the truth..which will upset people.

  11. #10

    Kahr vs Kel-Tec

    Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Hello all I am here to pick your brains on pocket carry. I'll spare you the whole story so; I'll get right to the dilemma. I have narrowed it down to 2 pistols. One being the Kahr PM9 and the Kel Tec P11. I am sold on the PM9 but money is an issue. I do hear a lot of good things about the Kel Tec and would be happy with it but the PM9 is smaller and it looks like a better built gun. Most of the time it'll be a backup but there will be times where it will be the main carry gun. I did find a real good price on the Kahr which made me consider it but still about $300 more than the Kel Tec. How are the triggers on each gun are they similar, better, worse? Is the Kel Tec reliable? Thanks
    Cannot comment on Kel-Tec but I do have a Kahr MK9. Of the 3 pistols that I have (also have HK USP 9c and Springfield XDm9), it is my favorite!

    The trigger is incredibly smooth, but it is the thinness that makes it feel the most comfortable in my hand and tucked into my IWB custom holster. I don't even notice that it is there anymore....

    Try them both, shoot them both, and perhaps take them both apart but I am confident that the Kahr will compare favorably.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast