1 round in chamber? or not? - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 round in chamber? or not?

I recently completed my conceal carry course here in NC, the instructor said if your carrying a pistol it's no good without one in the chamber. I'll be carrying a Ruger LCR when my permit comes in, so I know it will be ready to fire, God forbid that I ever will need to.

Quote Originally Posted by mmasse View Post
    It all amounts to training and which way you train to face emergencies. The Israeli's train to pull and load in one fluid motion. So the only real question is left who is better at the draw.

YouTube - Instinctive Shooting
    Works fine on the range. Trouble is that the day you need to draw for survival, you have something in the other hand, or it is wet, or one's arthritis has flared up, or...etc

-Doc

I'm glad we've had this chance to have this discussion

See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Train....If carrying with one in the pipe makes you nervous you need to train more. Also take the time to learn exactly how your pistol works and what makes it safe to carry one in the pipe.

The biggest safety failure is the one between a persons ears not on the gun.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Cocked & Locked, it's a 1911A1. No need to expend seconds trying to manipulate the slide OR have the slide jam because you rode it with your hand. My 1911 stays in C&L position. Don't want to waste any time when tenths of a second may mean life or death. HARD way to say it but that's the reality of it!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

7. This is a new week, Treo.... Once a week, you know the drill. I'll be right back. I have to make sure my magazine springs aren't weakened from keeping them fully loaded, and I have to figure out how to send my handgun to my brother's second cousin in the next state...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    This is a new week, Treo.... Once a week, you know the drill. I'll be right back. I have to make sure my magazine springs aren't weakened from keeping them fully loaded, and I have to figure out how to send my handgun to my brother's second cousin in the next state...
    It may not be new to us but it is new to the person asking the question. There is hardly a single topic that has not been covered at some point.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    It may not be new to us but it is new to the person asking the question. There is hardly a single topic that has not been covered at some point.
    And probably none as thoroughly covered as this one, except whether or not to inform a police officer if you are carrying a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    This is a new week, Treo.... Once a week, you know the drill. I'll be right back. I have to make sure my magazine springs aren't weakened from keeping them fully loaded, and I have to figure out how to send my handgun to my brother's second cousin in the next state...
    Some one will respond to that seriously w/ in 10 posts
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Why would you do this? Do you live in one of those imaginary places where home invasions and break-in's don't ever happen?
    If you're going to carry it...load it! You can practice "unloaded" during specific practice sessions some other time.
    Ive got a shotgun here loaded and ready, and a ruger lcp loaded and ready also I meant on my person at home. But you convinced me, ill be loaded and ready.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast