1 round in chamber? or not? - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 round in chamber? or not?

1. Always have a round in the chamber when carrying as long as you're comfortable with it...and if you're not then you need to practice until you are.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    And probably none as thoroughly covered as this one, except whether or not to inform a police officer if you are carrying a gun.
    lol. Well of course you should inform. Why wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Some one will respond to that seriously w/ in 10 posts
    I change mags every other day so as not to wear them out from constant compression.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I change mags every other day so as not to wear them out from constant compression.
    I told you
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I told you
    I heard that for every day you leave them loaded you need to leave them unload for 3. So if you had them loaded for 5 days you would leave them empty for 15. Is this true?

Talking CCW Badges

And probably none as thoroughly covered as this one, except whether or not to inform a police officer if you are carrying a gun.
    Hey now, we haven't mentioned CCW Badges yet in this thread.

1. I never have a problem with my mags in my 38.
    2. Per Beau's comment--is it true about mags and compression. I was always under the impression that mag failure usually was caused by continuous compression and decompression not just having them loaded for a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    1. I never have a problem with my mags in my 38.
    2. Per Beau's comment--is it true about mags and compression. I was always under the impression that mag failure usually was caused by continuous compression and decompression not just having them loaded for a long period of time.
    You are correct. My comment was sarcastic. I was repeating back something I had heard from someone else.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    You are correct. My comment was sarcastic. I was repeating back something I had heard from someone else.
    And you came really, really, really close to getting a real answer from me! I am so glad someone came along and saved me from that egg on my face!

And you came really, really, really close to getting a real answer from me! I am so glad someone came along and saved me from that egg on my face!
    Ha. I should have waited to reply. I would have liked to see your response to that post.

At least I know I can carry magazines that hold more than 10 rounds because I have my concealed carry badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I heard that for every day you leave them loaded you need to leave them unload for 3. So if you had them loaded for 5 days you would leave them empty for 15. Is this true?
    I have a 30 rd mag for my Taurus model 92. The mag was in my attic, and was fully loaded with 30 rds continously for over 10 years. I took it to the range to practice for the live fire portion of the required CC permit training. It fed all 30 rds flawlessly. I have probably used it to fire another hundred rds or so since, and it still feeds flawlessly. I also have 2 15 rd mags that I keep continously fully loaded. (The model 92 is my nightstand gun).

I also have 3 mags for my AMT Lightning .22 (Ruger clone) that are left fully loaded for years at a time. I have never experienced any feed problems resulting from a "weak" magazine spring.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast