1 round in chamber? or not? - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 round in chamber? or not?

Quote Originally Posted by mmasse View Post
    It all amounts to training and which way you train to face emergencies. The Israeli's train to pull and load in one fluid motion. So the only real question is left who is better at the draw.
    Of course this assumes that you completely ignore the fact that you are most likely going to be measuring your draw against someone who already has a gun in their hand .

Other than that you're spot on
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I see no reason not to have one in the chamber.

I carried around the house today with out one in the chamber this morning because my dad let me borrow his OWB holster for his M&Pc. We both have an M&Pc because I was trying it out. I didnt like the holster so I chambered a round and put it back in my IWB holster.

I dont want to pull out my gun grab it with two hands chamber a round and try to shoot when I will already be under stress.

I agree, i do not want to take the chance of short stroking my auto in case of stress.
    time may be all you have on your side God forbid.
    Remember what Sean Connery told Andy Garcia in the Untouchables, "You checked it once now put it away" when i carry i always keep that in mind, at the end of the day you can unload, or put back in safe.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhammer View Post
    I agree, i do not want to take the chance of short stroking my auto in case of stress.
    Dude, this is family website OK
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

I always carry one in the pipe. I carry a Kahr CW45 that has no external safety and I've never felt like I was carrying it in an unsafe condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Dude, this is family website OK
    short stoking the slide as not pulling it back far enough because you are in a rush resulting in a stove pipe condition.

Originally Posted by Treo Dude, this is family website OK

I think he was just yanking your chain. Oops, don't take that the wrong way. On topic; one in the chamber for me, safety on.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhammer View Post
    short stoking the slide as not pulling it back far enough because you are in a rush resulting in a stove pipe condition.
    And this is how unintentional accidents happen. At least nine months later.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    And this is how unintentional accidents happen. At least nine months later.
    Are we talking about accidental discharges ?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Works fine on the range. Trouble is that the day you need to draw for survival, you have something in the other hand, or it is wet, or one's arthritis has flared up, or...etc

-Doc
    Or the world is coming to an end ect ect. Which it the key reason why every gun owner should train for all unlikely events.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Of course this assumes that you completely ignore the fact that you are most likely going to be measuring your draw against someone who already has a gun in their hand .

Other than that you're spot on
    I would counter that if the person you are facing already has a gun in his hand you have other problems than your draw. Your situational awareness has failed and if you are carrying this seems highly unlikely in any case.

People who carry will carry the way they want to. No way is right or wrong what matter is the training.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast