1 round in chamber? or not? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 round in chamber? or not?

Thumbs down No time outs

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwilliam1 View Post
    If you are not goin carry with one in the chamber why not just carry it w/o the mag. Keep the mag in another pocket and the bullets in another pocket. So when the time comes simply say time out. Load the mag, insert the mag then rack the slide and then.
    Self-defence situations are not like boxing matches where the refferee can call a time out to have the ring doctor check a cut or to cuss out Mike Tyson for biting your ear.

I carry a Walther PPS .40 and ALWAYS have one round in the chamber. It has no thumb safety but does have a trigger safety and a hefty trigger pull. I would NEVER not have one in the chamber.

4. Yes, my support arm might be occupied fending off a weapon

Definately, ready to shoot with one hand. You might be fending off attackers or have either limb damaged.

If you can not present a weapon safely with a chambered round, practice until you can.

5. I was born with a ccw, its called 11 Amendment to the Constitution of the USA. Go ahead and spend all your hard earned money. I have never pulled my gun and hope I never do. But if I do have to I will and no piece of paper will slow me down

Quote Originally Posted by badbob38 View Post
    I was born with a ccw, its called 11 Amendment to the Constitution of the USA. Go ahead and spend all your hard earned money. I have never pulled my gun and hope I never do. But if I do have to I will and no piece of paper will slow me down
    What does The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.(11th amendment US Constitution)?

Have to do w/ you carrying a gun ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I really don’t understand why people freak out over carrying one in the chamber. My carry gun stays loaded and it stays in the holster. From the time I put it on in the morning to the time I put it on my nightstand at night I don’t touch it unless I have to. That cuts my chances of a negligent discharge to almost zero.

I maintain my weapons. I make sure they are cleaned and lubed in the 4 years I’ve owned my primary carry gun it has failed to feed exactly one time and thinking back that may have been a FTE. Either way the pistol is reliable.

That said I am a close personal acquaintance w/ Mr. Murphy and even if the odds that my weapon will malfunction when I try to chamber a round under duress are a million to one if I can cut them to zero by the simple expedient of chambering a round beforehand why shouldn’t I?

For those that say “If you don’t have time to chamber a round your situational awareness isn’t up to par”. I want you to walk around chambering up and see how long it takes you to get MWAG’d. or you can take it form someone who’s actually had someone try to mug me he came out of hiding about 10 feet away from me, I didn’t see him until he stepped out. Try getting a round chambered that fast, I couldn’t
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    For those that say “If you don’t have time to chamber a round your situational awareness isn’t up to par”. I want you to walk around chambering up and see how long it takes you to get MWAG’d. or you can take it form someone who’s actually had someone try to mug me he came out of hiding about 10 feet away from me, I didn’t see him until he stepped out. Try getting a round chambered that fast, I couldn’t
    Why does carrying a round in the chamber make me freaked out? Why does the fact that I have a CC license mean I only have one weapon on my person. Last time I checked I can carry knives as well. The whole hiding and jumping out bit is easily negated by pieing off corners and negotiating obstacles that people can hide in or around. So the whole situational awareness thing comes right back into play.

Quote Originally Posted by mmasse View Post
    Why does carrying a round in the chamber make me freaked out? Why does the fact that I have a CC license mean I only have one weapon on my person. Last time I checked I can carry knives as well. The whole hiding and jumping out bit is easily negated by pieing off corners and negotiating obstacles that people can hide in or around. So the whole situational awareness thing comes right back into play.

If you are determined to carry a rock go right ahead. I hope that should you ever need it everything works in your favor

Quote Originally Posted by mmasse View Post
    It all amounts to training and which way you train to face emergencies. The Israeli's train to pull and load in one fluid motion. So the only real question is left who is better at the draw.

YouTube - Instinctive Shooting
    The Israelis train people to use cond.3 because it works the same with all autoloaders. Different guns have different safeties or none and would require a different manual of arms for each model. I carry with a round up the spout whether the piece has a manual safety or not. Feeding the 1st round takes time, requires both hands, and takes the chance on FTF. If you aren't comfortable with an auto in cond.1 you might consider carrying a revolver.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

Quote Originally Posted by revjen45 View Post
    The Israelis train people to use cond.3 because it works the same with all autoloaders. Different guns have different safeties or none and would require a different manual of arms for each model. I carry with a round up the spout whether the piece has a manual safety or not. Feeding the 1st round takes time, requires both hands, and takes the chance on FTF. If you aren't comfortable with an auto in cond.1 you might consider carrying a revolver.
    Depends on your gun if it takes 2 hands. With a wall, counter, door frame, concrete block, I can chamber a round or clear a jam with one hand in a 1911. Secret is get rid of the full lenght guide rod or use the area on the slide right above the barrel bushing. It is a good idea to practice one hand clearing also because you never know when you might need to.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast