1 round in chamber? or not?
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 round in chamber? or not?

1. 1 round in chamber? or not?

Waiting on CHL but I was wondering how many of you actually have a round in the chamber when you carry? the instructor recommended doing so for overall quickness if necessary, but Im not sure. My gun has a thumb safety and the trigger with the safety lever. Just wondering overall what you all think.

3. Ask yourself how long does it take one to cock the gun, in an emergency situation that happens in the amount of time that lightning hits the ground?

If you're not carrying with one in the chamber, you might as well have a trigger lock on the gun and leave the gun at home because that's as useless as leaving the round out of the chamber.

Here's a practical application of your question:
    YouTube - Should You Carry A Round In The Chamber?
    "When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence." ~ Gary Lloyd

That, having to chamber a round crap, is from the Hollywood idiots. They have the actors do it for visual/auditory effect. If you watch they even do it, sometimes, just after they just did it a couple seconds earlier. Some of the older guns advise against it, because they didn't have hammer safety devices. Not only are all modern guns designed to prevent accidental discharges by the firing pin, but lots of them also have added manual safeties of the grip or switch lever type.

5. One in the chamber or not?

Bad guys don't take time outs. One in the pipe beats adding a couple seconds to a action in my defense. Hope it never ever comes to that.

I always have a round in all me guns I carry in the chamber or your not ready

7. It all amounts to training and which way you train to face emergencies. The Israeli's train to pull and load in one fluid motion. So the only real question is left who is better at the draw.

YouTube - Instinctive Shooting

8. Round inthe chamber.

If one goes to a range and practices drawing from a holster, or wherever you carry, and disengaging the safety as the weapon come up. What I have people do is draw, fire two rounds, and reholster to develop the muscle memory. One should go to the range at least once a month to practice these skills.

Quote Originally Posted by electricpwron View Post
    Bad guys don't take time outs. One in the pipe beats adding a couple seconds to a action in my defense. Hope it never ever comes to that.
    +1 I always have one in the chamber!

10. Quote Originally Posted by mmasse View Post
    It all amounts to training and which way you train to face emergencies. The Israeli's train to pull and load in one fluid motion. So the only real question is left who is better at the draw.

YouTube - Instinctive Shooting
    Most of us are not that instinctive in our shooting...
    "When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence." ~ Gary Lloyd

11. Quote Originally Posted by jcmorris71 View Post
    If one goes to a range and practices drawing from a holster, or wherever you carry, and disengaging the safety as the weapon come up. What I have people do is draw, fire two rounds, and reholster to develop the muscle memory. One should go to the range at least once a month to practice these skills.
    Some ranges do not allow drawing fire. They feel it's a safety hazard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast