seems important! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seems important!

Quote Originally Posted by shootin.targets View Post
    Doesn't Utah bring in some pretty significant revenue from the 44,043 non resident permits they apply? I'm sure that $65.25 x 44,043 = lots of $$$$.

I understand the concern from people living in no (or restricted) carry states but what about those who live in states with no reciprocity? Like my state was under the old law; required you get a permit from this state & another state for reciprocity.
    This would only affect states that DO have reciprocity with UT. Those residents living in NJ, IL, CA, MD etc...it would still be business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    i am thinking of getting a utah permit. while i already have a resident washinton permit(and realizing that boith states recognize each others permits), i would like to expand my range so to speak. my wife of 37 years and myself plan on traveling soon. i hope that utah continues its current policy. i do have a question for anybody who has a non-residend utah permit. while i realize the class must be utah approved does it require live fire? i just want to be ready with earplugs and my own gun if need be. thanks
    Since you have your WA permit this change would not affect you at all.

SB 36 as amended

(4) (a) In addition to meeting the other qualifications for the issuance of a concealed
    75 firearm permit under this section, a nonresident applicant S. who resides in a state that
    75a recognizes the validity of the Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm
    75b permit law .S shall:
    76 (i) hold a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the
    77 appropriate permitting authority of the nonresident applicant's state of residency

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    As it is right now the Utah class does not require range time so no ear plugs needed ;-)] In fact, that is part of what some other states don't like about UT permits in general.
    thanks for the information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12