Sheep, Sheep Dogs, and Wolves - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep, Sheep Dogs, and Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Aresye View Post
    Well then. Consider me gone, and enjoy the forum being cleansed of one more person who doesn't fit your viewpoints.
    Bye
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Well then. Consider me gone, and enjoy the forum being cleansed of one more person who doesn't fit your viewpoints.
    Hate to see you go. But to give a threat such as this
    I've often thought about leaving this board. I may still do, depending on some of the newer responses this thread may get, and how they word it.
    is just childish! As if your leaving will some how deeply impact the forum. It sounds as if you want people not to use there First Amendment rights on this forum if it in someway offends you! So do what you must and if you feel that's leaving them by all means go for it.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

First of all, the respondent to Nutnfancy should learn to read effectively and thoroughly and then, perhaps, learn the correct use of the mother tongue and corresponding punctuation in framing an answer. Having dragged myself through this dishevelled mess, it occurs that this individual has a "hidden" agenda -- perhaps hidden from himself even. I would suggest that he try to adopt a more neutral position, reread the piece and then see if his impression of the writer's opinion isn't too far from accurate. Or would that threaten his masculinity, too??

Mrs. Larrys0227
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by larrys0227 View Post
    First of all, the respondent to Nutnfancy should learn to read effectively and thoroughly and then, perhaps, learn the correct use of the mother tongue and corresponding punctuation in framing an answer. Having dragged myself through this dishevelled mess, it occurs that this individual has a "hidden" agenda -- perhaps hidden from himself even. I would suggest that he try to adopt a more neutral position, reread the piece and then see if his impression of the writer's opinion isn't too far from accurate. Or would that threaten his masculinity, too??

Mrs. Larrys0227

Must be nutnfancy's sister the enforcer
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

While I certainly agree a few CCW holders, especially younger ones, tend to instill a sense of self-worth by feeling they have a power over others, I think it's unfair to lump a lot of people into that category because they firmly believe in the sheep and sheepdog philosophy.

I've actually met Dave Grossman 2 times, both when he was giving a seminar. He's a very intelligent man who does a lot of research into his theories, and the basis behind why some people thrive on adversity, and others are destroyed by it.

You can argue how the right to bear arms is a constitutional right in order to protect yourself, your family, or a tyrannical government, but when people ask questions about protecting others, most of you seem a little quick to hide behind the possibilities of legal fallout, or that their lives are not your responsibility. Nothing wrong with that viewpoint, but when you try to force it on those of us who care about our fellow man, regardless of who they are, or what the legal consequences could be, then there's a problem.

The fact is, society has shown in the past, and present (Egypt), that it can crumble in a day. Tomorrow you could find yourself in the beginnings of another civil war, or a foreign invasion. Are you prepared to protect yourself and your family? If so, good, but are you also going to abandon all the others because they didn't follow your philosophy on self-protection, and therefore SOL?

I find myself disgusted at both ends of the spectrum. I don't like seeing new CCW carriers with the mentality that they are above their peers because they carry, and I also don't like seeing a lot of members here flaming and berating those of us that choose to live with the sheepdog mentality. Knowing that we can protect our fellow man who may not be able to protect themself gives us our sense of self-worth, which is what all of us strive for in our lives, isn't it?

Nutnfancy is the reason I got into CCing, and yes, I do PERSONALLY believe that he's doing the gun community a lot of good as a whole, both for gear reviews, and philosophical viewpoints. How others CHOOSE to manipulate and distort what he says is on them, and them only. I don't recall any videos of Nutn promoting the idea of a CC badge. Instead I see a lot of videos talking about why military members should carry on base, and why the general population as a whole needs to be prepared for our own country's Egypt.

In conclusion, I would like to restate how CCing, and the sheepdog mentality sometimes do overlap, but they are two different worlds with different personalities from within. Armed or not, I will not hesitate to come to someone in need, whether that's the 8 Iranian Muslims I rescued, or the $1600 I sent to keep my sister in school, because my parents are nearly bankrupt from a backfired business. I'd rather risk getting thrown behind bars to save an innocent life, than stand there and watch, not wanting to get involved for that reason, and if you can simply watch something as horrific as that go down, and still sleep soundly thinking, "Well, they chose not to be armed, so that's on them," then I personally find that sick.
    YES!!!!
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by treo View Post
    must be nutnfancy's sister the enforcer
    lol +10

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

It is the protect my own ***** first mentality that chaps my hide.

Sheep,sheepdog and wolves, all they are are words. The bottom line is we have the tools and training and should help those that don't. If that means dieing, going to prison or being sued so be it.

I have no problem putting my life on the line for anybody,period. Anybody that knows me, knows this to be true.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

I didn't have any founding fathers, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Outstanding post as usual +10. The only thing that sets us permit holders apart from other citizens is we have decided to take our self preservation into our own hands. Instead of doing what society says we should do(dial 911 and and wait for them to ID our body). Don't get me started on the whole "needing a permit" to use a right given to all of us at birth by our founding fathers.
    I very much agree with your praise of the angry 2nd A guy! :) His logical take is correct.

RE: Rights given by founding fathers:
    My father is a photographer in Hollywood. He did not give me the right to carry. If, when referring to founding fathers you meant some pro-government old white slave-owner men a couple hundred years ago that called themselves kings or presidents or congress or whatever, that said that certain people could vote, keep & bear arms etc...?

My choice to protect myself and my neighbors has nothing to do with them. All governments always trend toward disarming their subjects/sheep. When my nerves hold up, like you, I will take reasonable action to be a protector. Constitutions, Bills of Rights, Proclamations etc that are gifted/forced by various governments here and there might physically change our ability to keep and bear tools of defense, but the brave hearts among us will pick up sticks or similar to protect those we love. This is a good thing!

I am talking tough, which reminds me of the old Jack Handy quote: "It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight."

Good quote

"I don't think I will need my seat-belt or my gun today, but I think I will wear both ... just in case." -Shepard Humphries

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    It is the protect my own ***** first mentality that chaps my hide.

Sheep,sheepdog and wolves, all they are are words. The bottom line is we have the tools and training and should help those that don't. If that means dieing, going to prison or being sued so be it.

I have no problem putting my life on the line for anybody,period. Anybody that knows me, knows this to be true.
    I can only assume that your life is worth very little to you then.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast