Sheep, Sheep Dogs, and Wolves - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep, Sheep Dogs, and Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Shootinjh View Post
    I very much agree with your praise of the angry 2nd A guy! :) His logical take is correct.

RE: Rights given by founding fathers:
    My father is a photographer in Hollywood. He did not give me the right to carry. If, when referring to founding fathers you meant some pro-government old white slave-owner men a couple hundred years ago that called themselves kings or presidents or congress or whatever, that said that certain people could vote, keep & bear arms etc...?

My choice to protect myself and my neighbors has nothing to do with them. All governments always trend toward disarming their subjects/sheep. When my nerves hold up, like you, I will take reasonable action to be a protector. Constitutions, Bills of Rights, Proclamations etc that are gifted/forced by various governments here and there might physically change our ability to keep and bear tools of defense, but the brave hearts among us will pick up sticks or similar to protect those we love. This is a good thing!

I am talking tough, which reminds me of the old Jack Handy quote: "It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight."
    Well you got me on the whole "founding fathers" thing LOL. I should have worded it differently.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I can only assume that your life is worth very little to you then.
    Your life is worth just as much as mine. If the chose was me or you, I would rather it be me. I could not live with myself knowing I could have prevent your death.

It's like walking by a house on fire, hearing a scream and just keep walking,
    Can't do it.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Your life is worth just as much as mine. If the chose was me or you, I would rather it be me. I could not live with myself knowing I could have prevent your death.

Can't do it.
    The flip side of that is, you have just put the first responders lives in danger and made their jobs harder. It's all well and good to want to be superman and save every person in need. But sometimes doing so places even more lives in danger. If you can do so without placing anyone else's life in unneeded danger then do so. IDK about your life insurance policy but mine does not pay out if my cause of death is suicide.

Can't do it.

I'll prevent my own death thank you. I don't need any self styled guardian of society to watch over me.

The concept that if it was you or me you'd rather it was you bothers me. First because it makes me wonder why you even carry a gun after all if it's you or the mugger you can save his life by doing nothing (and dieing) so why pack?

Second it communicates to me that you reckon your life less valuable than another's (or that you so desire to be a hero that you're willing to die to get there)

IMO the whole sheepdog myth is nothing more than CHP elitism. It's a way for CHP holders to aggrandize themselves and pretend that their CHP gives them some type of police authority.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    The flip side of that is you have just put the first responders lives in danger and made their jobs harder. It's all well and good to want to be superman and save every person in need. But sometimes doing so places even more lives in danger.
    But he gets to be a hero
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Just keep walking. Nobody says you have to help.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Yes I have concealed carry and I agree if I draw my gun I will not be yelling concealed carry or here is my license I will most likely not be yelling anything, I will let any actions I have speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'll prevent my own death thank you. I don't need any self styled guardian of society to watch over me.

The concept that if it was you or me you'd rather it was you bothers me. First because it makes me wonder why you even carry a gun after all if it's you or the mugger you can save his life by doing nothing (and dieing) so why pack?

Second it communicates to me that you reckon your life less valuable than another's (or that you so desire to be a hero that you're willing to die to get there)

IMO the whole sheepdog myth is nothing more than CHP elitism. It's a way for CHP holders to aggrandize themselves and pretend that their CHP gives them some type of police authority.
    Has nothing to do with being a hero. It's about being human. There are people that put their live on the line for you every day. Why wouldn't you do it for someone else.
    Ed

Just keep walking. Nobody says you have to help.
    It sounds as if we have two different styles of doing things. I think before I act, and you act before thinking it through. But that's ok because your superman and I'm not nor would I ever want to be. Your the person milking your fifteen minutes of fame on TV and I'm the guy who does not want to be named after saving a life.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    It sounds as if we have two different styles of doing things. I think before I act and you act before thinking it through. But that's ok because your superman and I'm not nor would I ever want to be. Your the person milking your fifteen minutes of fame on tv and I'm the guy who does not want to be named after saving a life.
    So you wouldn't keep walking.

Saving someones life or just helping them when they need it, is being human.

If we don't help each other then there is no help.

Just do the right thing without thinking of your self first. That is all I was getting at.
    Ed

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast