Sheep, Sheep Dogs, and Wolves - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sheep, Sheep Dogs, and Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I can only assume that your life is worth very little to you then.
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    ... But that's ok because your superman and I'm not nor would I ever want to be. Your the person milking your fifteen minutes of fame on TV and I'm the guy who does not want to be named after saving a life.
    And here we go again with the venom spewing personal attacks on one mans personal opinions, morals and beliefs. I did not read anywhere in the gentlemans post where he stated he would throw caution. To the contrary, my take was he would do everything possible to save another short of loosing his life. Sounds more like a calculated risk then arrogance & ignorance.

You may now continue with YOUR childish personal attacks.
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Nutnfancy actually gets it wrong. There are 4 types. Ewes, Rams, Sheepdogs, and Wolves. I prefer to be the Ram. Able to defend against wrongdoers those in my group. Sheepdogs are the police. Ewes are those who can't or won't defend themselves. Wolves are the BGs.

Let me state, first, that a person ought to be able to state their opinion without being flamed by anybody. This site suffers from this stuff much more than others I frequent. I don't know why. I do know it's why I don't hang around here much anymore. And I used to be very active on this site.

Now, to the question at hand. I believe it was Masaad Ayood who stated that if you're licensed to carry, AND TRAINED TO USE IT PROFICIENTLY, you have a moral obligation to carry your piece whenever you step out the door. Why? Because you might just save someone's life.

Me? I'm very well-trained and will help someone in need. I could not way walk away and watch some bright young co-ed, working her way thru school, get her face shot off by someone holding up the convenience store where she worked. Obviously, a lot of factors come into play and must be considered. But to walk away or cower in the corner is not my style. If there is a reasonable chance that I can possibly change what looks to be a very nasty outcome, I'll try.

But, that's just me (and apparently a minority viewpoint).

But here is the great part: You get to decide what you would or wouldn't do.

Again, no need to flame each other for differences of opinion.
    Last edited by lukem; 02-07-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Let me state, first, that a person ought to be able to state their opinion without being flamed by anybody. This site suffers from this sh#t much more than others I frequent. I don't know why. I do know it's why I don't hang around here much anymore. And I used to be very active on this site.

Now, to the question at hand. I believe it was Masaad Ayood who stated that if you're licensed to carry, AND TRAINED TO USE IT PROFICIENTLY, you have a moral obligation to carry your piece whenever you step out the door. Why? Because you might just save someone's life.

Me? I'm very well-trained and will help someone in need. I could not way walk away and watch some bright young co-ed, working her way thru school, get her face shot off by some a$$hole holding up the convenience store where she worked. Obviously, a lot of factors come into play and must be considered. But to walk away or cower in the corner is not my style. If there is a reasonable chance that I can possibly change what looks to be a very nasty outcome, I'll try.

But, that's just me (and apparently a minority viewpoint).

But here is the great part: You get to decide what you would or wouldn't do.

Again, no need to flame each other for differences of opinion.
    X's 100 - Right on track!
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I obviously can't speak for others, but I personally can't just sit by and watch another human being die when I have the means to help. Maybe some people can, but that isn't who I am.

But just because I may be willing to place my life at risk to help another doesn't mean I'm willing to throw it away. Its a judgement call.

A judgement call that isn't about trying to be a wannabe LEO like some seem to believe. Its not my job or desire to catch the bad guy. That's why we pay the cops.

Its about being prepared to protect human life if the situation requires. Whether that life is yours, your family or the life of a total stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBear71 View Post
    I obviously can't speak for others, but I personally can't just sit by and watch another human being die when I have the means to help. Maybe some people can, but that isn't who I am.

But just because I may be willing to place my life at risk to help another doesn't mean I'm willing to throw it away. Its a judgement call.

A judgement call that isn't about trying to be a wannabe LEO like some seem to believe. Its not my job or desire to catch the bad guy. That's why we pay the cops.

Its about being prepared to protect human life if the situation requires. Whether that life is yours, your family or the life of a total stranger.
    See now we are seeing eye to eye. I have no problem placing my life in danger to help save a person in need. I will not however throw my life away by rushing into help with out thinking!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

If you run into a situation without thinking you're more likely to endanger others as well as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBear71 View Post

Are you CPR certified? Do you carry a barrier device? Do you know basic first aid , the Hiemlich Manuver?

Do you carry a 4 Way lug wrench or jumper cables?

You are far more likely to use those skills to help another person out than a gun

I'm not a cop, I don't get paid to take on bad guys.

If I take on bad guys and I get injured or killed my family doesn't get a state pension or a worker's comp settlement to pay my bills.

If I try to play hero I am responsible for any damage I incurr. I'm also responsible if my bullet goes through the bad guy and hits the clerk , or hits the soccer mom that steps right in front of my muzzle at the worst possible time,or anyone of the million other things that are completely out of my control that could go wrong if I decided to engage.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

My CCW permit didn't make me a deputy sheriff or a comic book superhero. It doesn't give me any special authority, power or let alone legal protection. I intend to stick to what my instrcutor told me: Only engage if you clearly believe you are in imminent deadly danger with no option to retreat or somebody else is AND it is clear who the aggressor is. Anything else, anything murky, stay the hell away.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast