Sheep, Sheep Dogs, and Wolves - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sheep, Sheep Dogs, and Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    My CCW permit didn't make me a deputy sheriff or a comic book superhero. It doesn't give me any special authority, power or let alone legal protection. I intend to stick to what my instrcutor told me: Only engage if you clearly believe you are in imminent deadly danger with no option to retreat or somebody else is AND it is clear who the aggressor is. Anything else, anything murky, stay the hell away.
    Well said +10

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I tend to agree with some of the more circumspect "carriers" in here.

Look.... I spent 20 years of my life "in the defence of my Country" where "giving my life in the accomplishment of that mission" was expected. All I got for my efforts was to be treated like a plague carrying rodent upon my return from SE Asia.

Thus I am not overly concerned any longer in the whole of the society's well being. Except to "protect and defend" the Constitution.... I still believe it is the best system going.... I'd like to think it will prevail for a while after I'm gone.

So, my weapons are like an insurance policy I hope I never have to use. (Like car insurance.) I will certainly use them in defence of me and mine and, situationally, in protection of others. (Given I have the time to make a tactical analysis..... NOT bloody likely.)

Some of you want to be "John Wayne"? Be my guest. Speaking from experience, any damn fool who "rushes into" a firefight if it can be prevented has something a little amiss in their brain housing group..... but that's just my humble opinion.

You see, the other side of the coin is the observation that there are those who believe that "someone else" (ANYONE else) is supposed to protect them from the vissitudes of some of the little downsides of life.... like running into a BG with malace on his mind. Given that, if they are unwilling to avail themselves of, at least, SOME level of personal responsibility for their own protection..... why should I?

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

I think that only 10% of the people on this forum have a ccw.

All you that don't, your answers come straight from the book. No deviation.

If that is what you read that is your answer. You never contridict what is written.

In short most of you are liars. Most of you probably don't own a gun and can't own a gun.

What do they call them? Oh! Ya! "wannabes".

Good Luck,
    Edsworld
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post

If that is what you read that is your answer. You never contridict what is written.

In short most of you are liars. Most of you probably don't own a gun and can't own a gun.

Good Luck,
    Edsworld
    Why so hostile? Simply because the majority of the forum has the same view on this matter and it's different then yours?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Good Luck,
    Edsworld
    Well, I do have a permit and I do carry, for what that's worth. I just don't think that makes me some sort of sheriff lookalike.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Why so hostile? Simple becasue the majority of the forum has the same view on this matter and it's different then yours?
    \

We seem to have struck a nerve
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

It's like walking by a house on fire, hearing a scream and just keep walking,
    Can't do it.
    Well Said, Sir
    1 Bravo Zulu for you
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    It sounds as if we have two different styles of doing things. I think before I act, and you act before thinking it through. But that's ok because your superman and I'm not nor would I ever want to be. Your the person milking your fifteen minutes of fame on TV and I'm the guy who does not want to be named after saving a life.
    not even a good "straw man argument."
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Let me state, first, that a person ought to be able to state their opinion without being flamed by anybody. This site suffers from this stuff much more than others I frequent. I don't know why. I do know it's why I don't hang around here much anymore. And I used to be very active on this site.

Now, to the question at hand. I believe it was Masaad Ayood who stated that if you're licensed to carry, AND TRAINED TO USE IT PROFICIENTLY, you have a moral obligation to carry your piece whenever you step out the door. Why? Because you might just save someone's life.

Me? I'm very well-trained and will help someone in need. I could not way walk away and watch some bright young co-ed, working her way thru school, get her face shot off by someone holding up the convenience store where she worked. Obviously, a lot of factors come into play and must be considered. But to walk away or cower in the corner is not my style. If there is a reasonable chance that I can possibly change what looks to be a very nasty outcome, I'll try.

But, that's just me (and apparently a minority viewpoint).

But here is the great part: You get to decide what you would or wouldn't do.

Again, no need to flame each other for differences of opinion.
    Bravo
    He who would not defend the helpless against those who would be as wolves to their fellow man are one small step above the wolves themselves, and deserve to live long lives with their cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    My CCW permit didn't make me a deputy sheriff or a comic book superhero. It doesn't give me any special authority, power or let alone legal protection. I intend to stick to what my instrcutor told me: Only engage if you clearly believe you are in imminent deadly danger with no option to retreat or somebody else is AND it is clear who the aggressor is. Anything else, anything murky, stay the hell away.
    And if someone dies, and that could have been prevented by you, that is on you too. Would you want someone to intervene to protect your wife and child, if you were not there, or tell them that they were right to stay out of it by watching them die so they would not be inconvenienced.
    When the protection of those who cannot defend themselves ceases to be the duty of all who call themselves men, They cannot continue to call themselves men.
    Not talking about being "John Wayne" or rushing in to a situation foolishly. I'm talking about the dispassionate decision to do your best to preserve the lives of the innocent. If lawyers have robbed you of your backbone, that is your decision. That is not a decision I could live with.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast