Louisiana will not honor Florida's non-resident lic after Aug. 2011 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Louisiana will not honor Florida's non-resident lic after Aug. 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BowflexLA View Post
    I believe what you are referring to will take affect in Aug 2011. LA doesn't require a LA permit and a FL permit. I have just the FL non-resident permit and I'm legal in LA untill Aug. I just hate all the extra paper work but that is a small price to pay to be legal.
    So if that part of the law is new...then why also put in NOT to honor FL non-res?

LRS 40:1379.3 T.(4)[/QUOTE]

Lukem, doesn't this statute authorize people with an Iowa ccw to carry in LA? Or does LA have a provision that I missed saying that they review the laws of other states first before accepting ccw from out of state?
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by shootin.targets View Post
    LRS 40:1379.3 T.(4)
    Lukem, doesn't this statute authorize people with an Iowa ccw to carry in LA? Or does LA have a provision that I missed saying that they review the laws of other states first before accepting ccw from out of state?
    T(2) will cover your IA permit in LA,...since IA honors all states

(2) A current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by another state to an individual having attained the age of twenty-one years shall be deemed to be valid for the out-of-state permit holder to carry a concealed weapon within this state if a current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by Louisiana is valid in those states.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    T(2) will cover your IA permit in LA,...since IA honors all states
    I just updated the maps to reflect this. Thanks for the heads up.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12