Conceal carry badge" ???????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conceal carry badge" ????????

1. makes some feel big to have one

I carry two of them. One in the wallet and one on my belt. I've thought about getting one of those badge holders that hangs on a chain but haven't got around to it.

I've found that it helps to put people right at ease when they see my badge. Not to mention all the discounts I've received from stores when they see my badge. Usually when a LEO sees it they are cool. I say get one. It's like have a sign over your head that says "good guy".
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by britt View Post
    makes some feel big to have one
    Kinda like when you carry a gun??

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I carry two of them. One in the wallet and one on my belt. I've thought about getting one of those badge holders that hangs on a chain but haven't got around to it.

I've found that it helps to put people right at ease when they see my badge. Not to mention all the discounts I've received from stores when they see my badge. Usually when a LEO sees it they are cool. I say get one. It's like have a sign over your head that says "good guy".

There you have it
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

The Purpose of a Concealed Carry Badge

The purpose of a concealed carry badge is to identify you as a police wanna-be who should not be carrying a gun at all.

The second you hold up a badge, you are leading "'a reasonable person to believe that you are a law enforcement officer". BESIDES, You should have both hands on your pistol instead of trying to flip open you wallet, or pulling a neck-chain badge holder out from under your shirt, or holding up a badge in the middle of a gun fight.

The second purpose of a concealed carry badge is to make the companies and websites that sell them money.

Carry your concealed weapons permit or license with you at all times, and remember that it does not make you a freelance cop or bounty-hunter. If you want to wear a badge, go to the police academy. If you're a security officer, leave you badge on your shirt. Spend the money on ammo or a good training video series instead of a badge - seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post

Not sure what kind of LEO you've been encountering in whatever part of CO that you are in, but the last time I was in Denver, CO, I watched some poor soul with a CCW badge get hooked up by a group of Denver PD for a number of violations. It all started off when one of the officers noticed the badge.

There is no need for a CC badge, unless you like extra attention from LE.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Thumbs down We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I have seen these badges for sale in magazines and at gun shows. What is their purpose ? As long as a person has there permit why do they need a "badge"? Does some states require it?
    I guess I will be the first person to say it, "We don't need no stinkin badges."

Thumbs down Insulting gay people

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.357Sig View Post
    Badges are g*y.
    Please do not insult gay people by comparing them to CCW Badges.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Please do not insult gay people by comparing them to CCW Badges.
    Well if he would have typed "Badges are retarded" then he would have been insulting those that are mentally handicapped.

There's just no pleasin everyone.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast