Is a holster required in Washington State? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is a holster required in Washington State?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    They make a LCP revolver?

gf
    I think he may be reffering to the LCR, not the LCP. As you are probably well aware, that LCP does not use a "clip" to load or feed ammo, it uses a detachable magazine.

3. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I think he may be reffering to the LCR, not the LCP. As you are probably well aware, that LCP does not use a "clip" to load or feed ammo, it uses a detachable magazine.
    NRA-ILA :: Firearms Glossary

CLIP
    A device for holding a group of cartridges. Semantic wars have been fought over the word, with some insisting it is not a synonym for "detachable magazine." For 80 years, however, it has been so used by manufacturers and the military. There is no argument that it can also mean a separate device for holding and transferring a group of cartridges to a fixed or detachable magazine or as a device inserted with cartridges into the mechanism of a firearm becoming, in effect, part of that mechanism.
    Clip - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

2 : a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm

4. Thumbs up Not required, but recommended

Washington does not require a concealed weapon be holstered. Most of the literature I have read, recommends using a holster to protect the weapon and reduce the chance of a ND.

Washington is open carry in the country side. Do not OC in the cities, it could cost you a weapon and your freedom. King County and the Seattle/Bellevue metro area are places to keep your weapon out of sight. The permit process is straight forward and the turn-around is reasonably short.

5. Respectfully, pj_england, I must disagree with you. Seattle PD, SEA-TAC PD, and KCSO have no problems with open carry. Members of my group and I open carry in Seattle and SEA-TAC airport very regularly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12