What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign? - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    There is a difference, if you take a dump on my front porch it affects me if I have a pistol in my pocket it has zero affect on you
    Okay. I won't take a dump on your front porch. I'll just sit there and clean my shotgun. This doesn't harm you at all.

Okay. You want to sit on the Porch. I'll just sit in your living room and clean my shotgun. This doesn't harm you at all.

Except in a rare case or two I simply dont patronize any business that is posted.
    I do give them a 'no guns/no money' flyer I made up and try to talk to the manager if possible. Theyve all been very friendly and understood the problem. One mgr was even a CCW licensee himself and was irritated that his company is posted too. Even if he cant carry as an employee he said it would be nice to know that others were carrying concealed in case some nut came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    It doesn't matter if it affects them or not. As owners of the property, they have the right to forbid you to carry a weapon on the property, concealed or not. End of argument! It doesn't matter whether you like it or not. If you knowingly and willingly carry a weapon onto property when you know the owner has forbidden it, you are breaking the law. That makes you a criminal! There is no grey. It's that black and white!
    Agreed.
    Saying that a property owner doesnt have the right over his property is the same as saying we dont have the right to defend our lives.
    Its HIS property.

I aint got no respect for supposedly 'law abiding' gun packers who ignore someone elses rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    First, in Colorado those signs have no legal force...
    Agreed, I also know they have no legal force here in Michigan or Indiana ether.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    I agree that its not a weapons violation. ... ... If you were to say to me, " come to my house for a BBQ but don't bring your guns." and I showed up with a gun. You have the right to order me to leave your property on that basis.

Yes but if I don't see your gun and don't ask you to leave you can NOT be charged with trespassing... or if I see your gun and ask you to leave and you DO, you can NOT be charged with trespassing. It may be rude to show up with a gun against someones wishes but not illegal.

I think we all agree on this don't we?

BTW: If I don't trust someone with a gun at my house ... I don't trust them at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    Your Pistol on My Property Does Harm me. You could trip and fall and your pistol could Discharge and damage my prized Bennie Baby collection. Or kill Me or one of my best customers
    Your Pistol on My Property Does Harm me. A criminal could disarm you and damage my prized Bennie Baby collection. Or kill Me or one of my best customers.

Your Pistol on My Property Does Harm me. An armed criminal may come onto my Property and: after I disarm him you might misread the situation and Shoot me for waving a pistol at the Criminal I just disarmed.

I could go on like this for days.

My forbidding you from carrying a Pistol on My Property does you No Harm if you and your Kind Honor my Wishes and Stay off of my Property.
    Interestingly, all your statements of how my pistol does( present tense) harm you are followed by what if's of how it could (future tense) harm you . IOW not how it is( Definetely) harming you but how it might(possibly if all the stars align) harm you. IOW how it (just as I said) isn't harming you. the only thing that's harmed is your authoritarian attitude

I'll continue to carry thanks.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    Okay. I won't take a dump on your front porch. I'll just sit there and clean my shotgun. This doesn't harm you at all.

Okay. You want to sit on the Porch. I'll just sit in your living room and clean my shotgun. This doesn't harm you at all.

Difference being that my porch is completely private and entry is by invite only as is my living room. Your restaraunt is (by definition) open for public business, and I'm not displaying my fire arm w/ intent to intimidate. You don't even know I have it on.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    I think we all agree on this don't we?
    I believe here in Ohio that 'intent' can get you in trouble regardless.
    If you 'know' that there is a prohibition, yet carry anyway, I think that you can be arrested and lose your permit pretty quickly depending on the situation.

Im not risking losing my CHL over going somewhere that I know Im not allowed or been instructed not to carry. I just wont go at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Difference being that my porch is completely private and entry is by invite only as is my living room. Your restaraunt is (by definition) open for public business, and I'm not displaying my fire arm w/ intent to intimidate. You don't even know I have it on.
    Thats not entirely accurate.
    Its still 'private' property, open to the public or not, and they have the 'right' to prohibit firearms in most states as far as I understand it. It doesnt matter if you can see it or not.

Is this the same attitude some here treat law enforcement with ?
    Trying like a 5 year old to skirt the rules just as much as one can without getting caught?

You all DO realize, I hope that speeding isnt just breaking the law if your caught...right? Your breaking the law when you speed, cop or no cop.
    Sometimes it seems like some people think that as long as they dont get busted then they arent really breaking the rules.

I have two ex wives who were like that...which is why they are EX now.
    Didnt seem to think that cheating was wrong unless they got caught.
    Apparently we have a few, or even a lot, of gun packers who have the same philosophy.

*I* choose to follow the rules to the letter. Even if its just someone asking me not to carry (in which case I simply dont go).

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    I believe here in Ohio that 'intent' can get you in trouble regardless.
    If you 'know' that there is a prohibition, yet carry anyway, I think that you can be arrested and lose your permit pretty quickly depending on the situation.

Im not risking losing my CHL over going somewhere that I know Im not allowed or been instructed not to carry. I just wont go at all.

There is no Ohio law making a private sign a law. If there is cite please.

Thats not entirely accurate.
    Its still 'private' property, open to the public or not, and they have the 'right' to prohibit firearms in most states as far as I understand it.
    Yes they have the 'right' to but everywhere I know of someone needs to 'verbally' ask you to leave.

It doesnt matter if you can see it or not.
    Is this the same attitude some here treat law enforcement with ?
    Trying like a 5 year old to skirt the rules just as much as one can without getting caught?

You all DO realize, I hope that speeding isnt just breaking the law if your caught...right? Your breaking the law when you speed, cop or no cop.
    Sometimes it seems like some people think that as long as they dont get busted then they arent really breaking the rules.

I have two ex wives who were like that...which is why they are EX now.
    Didnt seem to think that cheating was wrong unless they got caught.
    Apparently we have a few, or even a lot, of gun packers who have the same philosophy.

*I* choose to follow the rules to the letter. Even if its just someone asking me not to carry (in which case I simply dont go).

Comparing the legal carrying of a gun to speeding? My property goes out to the double yellow line of my 55mph street. I put up a home made sign in front of my house "45mph". You ignore it and I get a LEO to ticket you for 10 over. Your OK with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    There is no Ohio law making a private sign a law. If there is cite please.
    Is this still the law in Ohio:

Ohio Revised Code » Title [29] XXIX CRIMES - PROCEDURE » Chapter 2923:, section 2923.126 - Duties of licensed individual.

(3) (a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises.

Except as otherwise provided in this division, a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.

If a person knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature and the posted land or premises primarily was a parking lot or other parking facility, the person is not guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and instead is subject only to a civil cause of action for trespass based on the violation.

(b) A landlord may not prohibit or restrict a tenant who is a licensee and who on or after the effective date of this amendment enters into a rental agreement with the landlord for the use of residential premises, and the tenant’s guest while the tenant is present, from lawfully carrying or possessing a handgun on those residential premises.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast