What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign? - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign?

[QUOTE=Ruger357SP101;190619]Is this crap the best you people can come up with?
    Ive debated teenagers who seemed brighter.
    LOL I knew that post would get you going.

So by your asinine reasoning if someone walks in YOUR front door against YOUR wishes and instruction then YOUR rights havent been violated?

Different situation. My home isn't open to the general public. If it was and I had a sign up stating "No Shoes" and someone walks on the carpet with shoes on, no my rights have not been violated. My rules have. I would ask them to remove their shoes or leave.

yeah...right.
    If that happened youd be in here bitching like a spanked child how youd been violated and you know it.

You presume to know my reacttions and you're name calling again. You are quick to call a lot of people unstabe yet you can't post two sentences without directly insulting someone or calling them names. Which one of us do you think would be perceived as unstable?

The PROPERTY OWNER has the RIGHT to demand that you NOT carry a damned gun onto the property THEY lease or own.
    Yes, you VIOLATE their rights on their property by bringing your gun anyway.
    If it werent a violating of any sort then please tell us why even the more easy going states say you are trespassing once youve been asked to leave????
    If it WERENT any sort of violation then there would be ZERO recourse for your ignoring their request.
    Wow. You still don't get it.
    YES the property owner has the right to make rules regarding acceptable activity on their property.
    NO breaking their rules does not violate their rights it violates their RULES.

YES refusing to leave does violate their RIGHT to refuse service to anyone. There is a law against refusing to leave if asked. There is not a law against breaking a business owners rules.

Easy enough?
    OR do I need to get my 5 year old grandson and a crayon to help you figure all this out?

There you go with the insults again. And you call me unstable.

There was a sign that asked you NOT to enter to begin with..which you clearly would have IGNORED. And you expect us to believe you have some decency about you that would make you honor a VERBAL request now?
    Sorry, not buying it.

Youre a rule breaker to the core.

That's me. I'm just a Bad Boy.
    Your statement is false though. Will I break a rule if I feel it is in the best interests of my and my family's safety? You bet.
    Do I go around intentionaly breaking every rule I come across. Not at all.
    I guess it's hard for your to understand because you've never intentionaly broken a rule in your life.

For one thing youre doing just what I said and exaggerating in a vain effort to justify your complete DISREGARD for the rights of others.
    This is about GUNS...you know...LETHAL WEAPONS, not four letter words.

So now we can differentiate between what rules are important and which ones are not. Thank you for at least acknowledging that fact.
    I don't care if it's a no guns sign or a no food or drink sign. A rule is a rule. Breaking either one of those does not violate a business owners rights. It violates their rules. The difference is following one means I might get thirsty. Following the other means if a situation arises where my life is in danger I will not have a suitable means to defend myself.

QUOTE]
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

so I would guess you all never go over the speed limit either

4. Ignore Them!

Businesses can post whatever they want, but unless it is specifically a prohibited location (ie a police station,) their signs are meaningless. At most you can be asked to leave and possibly face a trespassing charge. Your state may be different but here in FL I see these signs all the time and simply ignore them. The state decides where you can carry, not Jack-in-the-Box.

Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    so I would guess you all never go over the speed limit either
    thats right, I dont.
    I drive UNDER the speed LIMIT as much as possible.

Discussion continued here;
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...r-signage.html

No Guns SIgn at business establishment

All states have a specific and approved sign (by the legislature) that is supposed to be posted on the face of the establishment. Many business post any sign they want but unless it is an approved sign, it doesn't stand as a valid warning, at least in my state and other but you will need to check this out to be sure. In sc, the sign is an 8x11 sign with a pic of a semi-auto pistol inside a red circle with a red line struck through the circle. Any other pic is not valid and will not stand legally. I see pics of similar signs with revolvers, just the statement itself and even pics of a rifle. I am told by an attorney and a LEO that any pic but the approved one is considered not a proper warning but...the intent of the owner of the business is clear so avoiding such is probably a prudent idea.
    I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by kermudyun View Post
    All states have a specific and approved sign (by the legislature) that is supposed to be posted on the face of the establishment.

Fail , Colorado has no such "specific and approved" sign
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Hmmm

I'd probably look for a new "favorite restaurant", HOWEVER, I take my personal safety and that of my loved ones more seriously than I do a sign I might, or might not, have noticed as I walked into a place I have been many times before. If you are carrying properly (discreetly) you'll not offend the sensitive. IF things get nasty/ugly.....as long as you keep your rounds in the 10 ring on the nasty/ugly crowd,or better still convince them that their business is better conducted in a SAFER (for them) place....... I'd be thinking the worst thing that's going to happen is you'll be asked to take your business (and firearm) elsewhere.....
    Check your local statutes though, some insist that we pay attention to such narrow minded foolishness.

Shirtless barefoot people have been facing this challenge for years. I very much respect property rights, and I agree with the posts suggesting that customers can share their preferences with shopkeepers ... if packing a gun or being barefoot is important enough ... I agree that one might choose to eat elsewhere.

I certainly would never condone having "Victim Disarmament Zone" stickers made up and then discreetely posting them beside existing signs. This would be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootinjh View Post

I certainly would never condone having "Victim Disarmament Zone" stickers made up and then discreetely posting them beside existing signs. This would be illegal.
    What would make it illegal? The only thing I can think of would be a defacing property charge if a sticker was actually stuck to a surface.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast