What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign? - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign?

I conceal carry........no gun to see, nobody but me knows. I usually ignore the signs like that, worst they would "typically do" would be to simply ask you to leave anyways.
    Ruger LCP and Springfield XD-9 subcompact

My view so far

THANK YOU EVERYONE!. I appreciate your input and keep 'em coming.

First, as a Christian, I value my ethics strongly and won't "ignore" a sign once I have seen one, or wear my gun against the business owners wishes. That IS trespassing.

NOW, if I am going into a restaurant or store and the door is automatic, or someone is holding the door open, and the sign is not seen by me, I don't go into each place searching for the signs. I have (on a few occasions) gone in a store and on the way out seen the sign, I don't go back.

THIS restaurant I frequent and they just put the sign up next to the door. Eye level, bright sign hard to miss. I have decided to contact the owner by phone. I called today and he is out until Monday. He has my number and will call me back (Maybe) When he does, I will talk to him and use my script from what you have all said here, and then tell him about the No Gun's = No Money and add No Gun's = no protection. I will open by telling him I frequent his restaurant and noticed his new sign, then say "what are you doing to protect me and my family"? and then take it from there.

I will let you all know what happens after I get THE call.

4. Talking oldsalt714

I'm new to this site and this is a great subject on which to get my feet wet. I would handle this by not wearing into the restaurant and talk to the owner or manager, telling him/her that I have been frequenting the restaurant regularly but my visits are hear-by suspended until such time as my 2nd amendment rights are not infringed. I wish I had a dollar for every time some whacko has gone off in a restaurant and I wish to be able to protect myself and family and other innocent patrons. I would tell him/her that I would check back from time to time to see if their position had been amended.

handgonnetoter Guest
    I would say to them, "You don't need my business"! See Ya.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    I think you read something into my post that just isn' there Rocket Boy. So I guess I'll state it a bit clearer.

It's his right to post the sign and my right to go some place else. I'd just let him know in a nice way why I no longer spend my money in his place.

Nothing more, nothing less.
    You spoke of your "right" to carry. What I'm saying is that on private property that "right" does not necessarily exist. Or, rather is not recognized.

Using language like "I won't shop here because you don't respect my 2nd Amendment right," or "I will not spend money here because you are infringing on my rights" may make things worse because it gives the impression that your rights are more important than those of the private property owner, when quite frankly they're not. At least not according to the law.

If a private property owner posts a "no guns" sign then they are not infringing on your rights. They are exercising theirs.

All I'm saying it that it may be better to stick to the facts about why "gun free zones" are a fallacy and to highlight the virtues of concealed carry licensees. Rather that spewing rhetoric about *your rights* vs. their rights. It will only make you and everyone else look bad.

Great State of Texas

In the State of Texas if it doesnt have the 30.06 sign out of the establishment (that doesnt other wise prohobit by law where it doesnt have to i.e federal building, pollings etc.) written both in english and spanish, like what I always say O well, for your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    I conceal carry........no gun to see, nobody but me knows. I usually ignore the signs like that, worst they would "typically do" would be to simply ask you to leave anyways.
    Nobody knows until someone bumps into you and feels your gun, or you experience a medical emergency and the EMTs find your gun, or your shirt rides up for some reason and your gun becomes exposed, or some other unforeseen circumstance reveals it.

In Ohio, it's Criminal Trespass as soon as you ignore the sign by entering. Being asked to leave isn't required.

a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.
    Lawriter - ORC - 2923.126 Duties of licensed individual.

If it is in an area where CC seems to be a good idea, I say "hasta la vista baby". My safety trumps good food. In SC, as of now, you cannot carry in a premises that serves liquor, so this is moot here in SC. If they change the law and it may happen soon, my above statement will govern.

Take my business elsewhere is what I'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by rt48 View Post
    Nobody knows until someone bumps into you and feels your gun, or you experience a medical emergency and the EMTs find your gun, or your shirt rides up for some reason and your gun becomes exposed, or some other unforeseen circumstance reveals it.

In Ohio, it's Criminal Trespass as soon as you ignore the sign by entering. Being asked to leave isn't required.

Lawriter - ORC - 2923.126 Duties of licensed individual.
    Wow.....paranoia will destroy ya, I don't live my life on what ifs and could be's. I have talked to managers at restaurants that are posted, they could honestly care less....it is typically a company policy for chains. Both mentioned that they don't pat down their customers at the door, and have no issue with conceal carrying. The main reason for these signs "in my opinion" is for open carry, that makes sense to me cause you don't wanna make anybody uncomfortable or paranoid. It all boils down to a judgment call for all of us, but educating ignorant people about legal carry is the most important in my opinion.
    Ruger LCP and Springfield XD-9 subcompact

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast