What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign? - Page 7
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign?

1. Quote Originally Posted by motor View Post
    Again I carry into them and keep my mouth shut.
    Only to go blather on about it in a public forum. Yikes.

Supposed to be a free Country, heavily enguaged in "free enterprise". Thus, the owner can post all the signs he likes. No skin off my nose.

I vote with my dollars. My dollars go where they are wanted, me and my trusty "six gun".

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

4. Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    A favorite restaurant I go to once a week, maybe every other week just put up a sign by their door "No Gun's Allowed". This disappoints me in many areas but I am asking, how would you handle it?

I thought of writing the owner a letter, including things like "how do you plan to protect me and my family while we are there"? "You do realize that bad guy's won't read that sign right"? or other things. I don't want to come across TOO firm but firm enough.

So, write me a letter, rather write a letter to a place that would get our point across.

thanks.

Gimpy

Some of the replies to this Post are Irresponsible, show No Respect for the Law and No Respect for Private Property Rights. All of the things Anti-Gunners say about us!

In many Jurisdictions a "No Guns" sign carries the force of Law. And anyone who disregards it IS a criminal!!!

You have 1st and 2nd Amendment Rights. But not on some one else's Private Property. A Restaurant IS Private Property.

The Restaurant owner Doesn't have the Right to crap on Your Property. He must Respect your wishes in this matter. Just as you must Respect His wishes on His Property!

If we don't have Private Property rights we don't have Gun Rights either. Gun Rights are derived from Private Property Rights. They stand or fall together.

Respect the law. Respect Private Property. Or you may end up with neither.

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    Some of the replies to this Post are Irresponsible, show No Respect for the Law and No Respect for Private Property Rights. All of the things Anti-Gunners say about us!

In many Jurisdictions a "No Guns" sign carries the force of Law. And anyone who disregards it IS a criminal!!!

You have 1st and 2nd Amendment Rights. But not on some one else's Private Property. A Restaurant IS Private Property.

The Restaurant owner Doesn't have the Right to crap on Your Property. He must Respect your wishes in this matter. Just as you must Respect His wishes on His Property!

If we don't have Private Property rights we don't have Gun Rights either. Gun Rights are derived from Private Property Rights. They stand or fall together.

Respect the law. Respect Private Property. Or you may end up with neither.
    There is a difference between private property and property that is open to the public. If property owner's rights prevail can I open a restaurant w/ a seperate section for "colored" folks?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Already been "done", and a solution was found at the Supreme Court level.

I suppose we could take the same approach.... but I'm not busybody enough to give a rodent's posterior on the matter. I just go my merry way..... elsewhere.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    If I’m carrying a concealed weapon it affects no one but me. No one else is even going to know unless I have to draw. A business owner has the right to run his business as he sees fit but not to the point that he's telling me I can't do something that has no effect on anyone else in the establishment.

If I enter your place of business with my Firearm it will remain in its holster on my hip unless needed. My mere possession of a firearm does not infringe on your right to life or liberty, It will not affect your ability to make money that day, and It will not drive your customers away (I never advocated the open display of a firearm in a Criminal Protection Zone).

The rule (and any such like it) is illogical because the criminals aren’t going to follow it anyway. What do you supposed would have happen if one of Cho Sung Hui’s teachers had jumped in front of him and said “ Now Cho, you know there’s a school rule against bringing guns to class.” Do you think he’d have said ‘OOPS s I forgot. “ And put the gun down?

My obedience to your sign could cost me my life or serious bodily injury (real, measurable harm) for which I doubt very seriously you would compensate my survivors.

However, my disobedience to your sign actually affects you, how?
    First of all, you misunderstood. I do not advocate any no guns allowed signs. I am as strongly against them as you are and none of my businesses would ever have had them displayed. My current business would of course not have such a sign since I sell firearms and train folks in the use of those firearms as well as teach the concealed carry classes for Oklahoma.

That said, it is still the right of any business owner to make the rules regarding his business premises as long as they do not contradict specific federal laws regarding civil rights. The constitution does not give you the right to violate rules a business may set up in the every day operation of his business. You may choose to carry your firearm in violation of his rules and in 95% of cases, you will be fine. And your disobedience of a business sign that prohibits firearms does not affect that business or the owner, but it is still his right to post that sign. That is my whole point.

Several have said that businesses do not have a right to post said signs, that outside of your home, you cannot control private property. That is just not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    There is a difference between private property and property that is open to the public. If property owner's rights prevail can I open a restaurant w/ a seperate section for "colored" folks?
    Of course you are kidding about this, right? That is settled law, settled many years ago. There are certain civil rights that are set in stone by the SCOTUS.

Any property owner has to abide by the Federal, State, County, and local laws that apply to his property, whether is at his home or his place of business.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    A favorite restaurant I go to once a week, maybe every other week just put up a sign by their door "No Gun's Allowed". This disappoints me in many areas but I am asking, how would you handle it?

I thought of writing the owner a letter, including things like "how do you plan to protect me and my family while we are there"? "You do realize that bad guy's won't read that sign right"? or other things. I don't want to come across TOO firm but firm enough.

So, write me a letter, rather write a letter to a place that would get our point across.

thanks.

Gimpy
    I wouldn't say anything to a restaurant owner who posted a "no guns allowed" sign. Now if the sign said "we frisk every patron", I am afraid I would have to leave or speak-up.

I don't say anything... I'll quietly carry my firearm and figure out what to say if I need to take it out to defend myself or my family. The government doesn't keep me from doing that... no way some damn restaurant is going to.

I am aware there's a legitimate ethics question here ( In colorado gun buster signs are legally meaningless unless they're posted on a government bldg) But the fact remains that my gun in my holster isn't effecting anyone else in the restaurant any more than my thng is
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast