What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign? - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 142

Thread: What would you say to a restaurant with a "No Gun's" sign?

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Can I have a take-out menu please?

    I abide by the owners request without question. If one doesn't like his policy they're free to go elsewhere.

    On another note, NO ONE enters my home armed. Period. That's MY policy.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  2.   
  3. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I am aware there's a legitimate ethics question here ( In colorado gun buster signs are legally meaningless unless they're posted on a government bldg) But the fact remains that my gun in my holster isn't effecting anyone else in the restaurant any more than my thng is
    Treo, you keep repeating that your gun doesn't affect anyone but you. However this isn't about who is affected and who isn't. Its about the rights of the property owner vs. the rights of the individual.

    I worked for a time as the Director of Security at a shopping mall in Northern Virginia when I left Law Enforcement. The Mall Owner was very anti-gun, and posted signs at every entrance. When someone challenged the signs, they were told that it was the property owners right to forbid the carry of weapons on their premises. Many people would reply with "But this is a public mall!" I would have to inform them that it was private property upon which the owner has invited the public, but with this restriction. On a couple of occasions, the County Police were called and in every case, they affirmed the right of the property owner to forbid weapons on the premises.

    At the time, I possessed a Virginia CC Permit, but could not bring my weapon to the Mall. I did not agree with the Mall policy, and because of that, I shopped elsewhere, even though I would have gotten a discount as a Mall employee. I also told the Mall Manager exactly why I shopped elsewhere. She didn't care about my few measly dollars.

    I wish you luck in the fight. I hope you can convince the owner that allowing concealed carry is GOOD for business.

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    Treo, you keep repeating that your gun doesn't affect anyone but you. However this isn't about who is affected and who isn't. Its about the rights of the property owner vs. the rights of the individual.
    His property rights end at my body
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  5. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    His property rights end at my body
    No, they don't.

  6. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    His property rights end at my body
    I seriously doubt your position would remain unchanged if the situation were reversed. The very rights that permit YOU to do what you like within reason, are the very same rights that you feel shouldn't be extended to those who disagree with you. Sound familiar?

    I mentally argued with myself on this subject a while back, and came to the conclusion that if there's one thing I hate, it's a hypocrite. Therefore, I respect the rights of property owners to forbid firearms, regardless of my opinion that it's a damn fool thing to do. I may not always avoid those establishments, but when I can, I do.

  7. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistle View Post
    I seriously doubt your position would remain unchanged if the situation were reversed. The very rights that permit YOU to do what you like within reason, are the very same rights that you feel shouldn't be extended to those who disagree with you. Sound familiar?

    I mentally argued with myself on this subject a while back, and came to the conclusion that if there's one thing I hate, it's a hypocrite. Therefore, I respect the rights of property owners to forbid firearms, regardless of my opinion that it's a damn fool thing to do. I may not always avoid those establishments, but when I can, I do.
    .... and THAT is exactly what your line of thinking should have arrived at.

    An armed thinking man..... you can care for my "six" anytime!

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    Treo, you keep repeating that your gun doesn't affect anyone but you. However this isn't about who is affected and who isn't. Its about the rights of the property owner vs. the rights of the individual.

    I worked for a time as the Director of Security at a shopping mall in Northern Virginia when I left Law Enforcement. The Mall Owner was very anti-gun, and posted signs at every entrance. When someone challenged the signs, they were told that it was the property owners right to forbid the carry of weapons on their premises. Many people would reply with "But this is a public mall!" I would have to inform them that it was private property upon which the owner has invited the public, but with this restriction. On a couple of occasions, the County Police were called and in every case, they affirmed the right of the property owner to forbid weapons on the premises.

    At the time, I possessed a Virginia CC Permit, but could not bring my weapon to the Mall. I did not agree with the Mall policy, and because of that, I shopped elsewhere, even though I would have gotten a discount as a Mall employee. I also told the Mall Manager exactly why I shopped elsewhere. She didn't care about my few measly dollars.

    I wish you luck in the fight. I hope you can convince the owner that allowing concealed carry is GOOD for business.



    Finally: someone who understands that Private Property Rights Trump 2nd Amendment Rights. Most people just don't understand. Without Private Property Rights I have no right to own the Pistol because the Pistol is Private Property.

    I try to convince people by asking if I have a Right to take a dump on their front porch?

    When they say no I then ask Why not?

    I try to make them see that if they are Masters on their own Property then the Store Owner is the Master on His own Property.

    It rarely convinces them because they just don't grasp the concept that "Public Property" only means you have an agreement assumed in advance: that the store owner wants your money and you want their goods and services and you are welcome (only as long as you behave yourself) in order to facilitate the transaction.

    I carry everywhere I can legally. And don't give my money (knowingly) to people who don't share my views. So I honor the sign even if it doesn't carry the force of law.

  9. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    I try to convince people by asking if I have a Right to take a dump on their front porch?

    When they say no I then ask Why not?
    There is a difference, if you take a dump on my front porch it affects me if I have a pistol in my pocket it has zero affect on you
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  10. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    There is a difference, if you take a dump on my front porch it affects me if I have a pistol in my pocket it has zero affect on you
    Once again you say the same thing, over and over and over and over and over.........

    It doesn't matter if it affects them or not. As owners of the property, they have the right to forbid you to carry a weapon on the property, concealed or not. End of argument! It doesn't matter whether you like it or not. If you knowingly and willingly carry a weapon onto property when you know the owner has forbidden it, you are breaking the law. That makes you a criminal! There is no grey. It's that black and white!

  11. #80
    I found this after a very short google search.

    "The gun-rights advocates argue that the issue presents a clash between private property rights and the rights of gun ownership.

    But thatís not true; the constitutional right to keep and bear arms is solely a limitation on government power. Property rights are not. And individuals in the exercise of their property rights should be free to determine the conditions by which people enter their property."


    The full text of this article can be found here:Gun lobby takes on property rights | Goldwater Institute

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast